cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint not unlocking my Galaxy S4 giving me one device per contract unlock policy

9 REPLIES
Master

Re: Sprint not unlocking my Galaxy S4 giving me one device per contract unlock policy

tina000008, Hey there! You can check out our unlock policy at> http://sprint.com/unlock/ . If you qualify to get your device unlocked, you can reach out to our sprint world wide group at 1-888-226-7212. Hope that was helpful. SarahG Social care
Journeyman

Re: Sprint not unlocking my Galaxy S4 giving me one device per contract unlock policy

Hi

I am supposed to go to my home country for 2 weeks this summer id like to unlock my samsung s4

How do I get sprint to unlock it for me?

Master

yosiel4,

Thank you for reaching out, I'm sorry about the confusion in regards to unlocking your device for international travel. Are you still having issues or were you able to contact our international department to finally resolve this matter? Please let us know, we are here to help.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

if Sprint unlocks your S4, it will be just for voice while overseas, it happened to me, because the APN setting is locked, and you can not add new APN to use data with the foreign SIM. It took me more then once for the UICC unlock to go through though, maybe that might be the issue.

Journeyman

after many days And hours with sprint finally unlock my galaxy s4 before my international trip when I arrive all I got when I put in the SIM card was invalid sim. I was on the phone for hours with international data which is the greatest but they couldn't help they were telling me that something is going on that is not unlocking the device. If you google this issue with your sprint phone you will see that this is a real problem you promise that you unlock but the phones do not get unlocked. because of that I was using sprint data plan and sprint shut me down several times even though I kept on increasing the plan because the data was going to quickly. So my current Bill which I did not receive yet will probably be enormous. Not too happy customer. thank you

Master

yosiel4,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We would like to assist you with the issue you are having with your Sim. Can you please provide some details as to what's happening and the make and model of your phone?

Morris L.
Sprint Social Media Care

Master

what issues do you have with your SIM and is your phone unlocked by Sprint or Rooted?

Journeyman

Did you ever get your sim to work. I have the same problem. Thanks

Highlighted
Master

Actually you don't have that right anymore, it's up to the carriers to unlock the phones or not, thanks to our "wonderful" congress.

But if you just unlocked an iphone 5 on Dec and 5 months later you are trying to unlock an S4, it will be suspicious.  2 sought after phone in their prime times, no wonder they said no.

That said, I'm sure that if  you activate that phone on another line and try to unlock from that line, you will not have any issues.

And by the Way, with the new law passes by Congress, all the companies do that, so good luck...

Journeyman

Sprint not unlocking my Galaxy S4 giving me one device per contract unlock policy

I have bought the Samsung Galaxy s4 for full price and using it in my sprint account. I will be traveling abroad in a couple of weeks and I would like to unlock my phone to use it with a local sim. I contacted sprint international services about it and they shot me down saying that it's sprint policy to unlock only one device per contract.  I already had an iPhone 5 which I unlocked in December on my trip overseas and hence they can't unlock my S4. I find this to be ridiculous I travel a lot overseas and I need to use to my phone with local Sims.  I should have freedom to change my devices and get them unlocked by sprint.  I purchased s4 for full retail price and it's beyond me as to why they are not unlocking it.  I have been a sprint customer for a long time and I have no reason to misuse my account.  I know the 90 day policy that sprint has and what else everyone has been getting but in my case I was escalated to backend and was shot down saying that they already unlocked an iPhone for me few months back and cannot unlock any other phone till my contract is up.  This is ridiculous.  So this means if I want a world phone anymore I should leave sprint and go somewhere else. I have 6 lines on my account and if this thing doesn't solve I will rather go to some other carrier.

I have never seen or read sprint making announcement of such a policy and this is ridiculous for sprint to treat a loyal customer in this way. If I would have known of sprint policy I would have taken my business elsewhere rather than buying a phone which sprint publicises as a world phone.