cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System update of 8/17/2014 - Battery drain issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: System update of 8/17/2014 - Battery drain issue.

Update.  still having battery drain issue.  i have basically reverted back to stock and still am having problems.

android OS using 70% and climbing.

battery down to 91% after 27 minutes off charger.

any word on when a fix will come?

Highlighted
Master

LLARO00,

I just got done digging through any and all information I can find. Unfortunately I am not seeing an estimated time for a fix. I am curious though, would you mind turning your phone to "CDMA only"? This will stop it from connecting to LTE but I am curious if it is continually searching for a signal (I have seen this show as an OS drain on my own phone). Let me know either way.

*Ben
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the exact same problem...I had Sprint flash the OS and that didn't help either in fact made it worse... I lose about 10% an hour doing absolutely nothing...no texts ..no calls..no browsing...ZIP...If I use the phone normally it will drain 10-15% and hour...god forbid should I turn on connection optimizer...it drops minimum 15% per hour...the optimizer is always searching for a signal...it also will lose mobile data if the WIFI signal gets weak and not re-connect...it will search and search and not connect to mobile data until the profile is updated or the phone restarted....this is where the battery drain happens...if you walk or drive away from a WIFI signal it has a hard time re-connecting to mobile data, if at all...of course you don't notice this happening while its in your pocket or where ever...I work at a university and all the building I go into have WIFI...its connects fine but not going the other way ...back to mobile data.... I can see the battery drain with a weak WIFI signal and no mobile data connection...I have set the phone down and watched it literally drain the battery...its complete garbage....if I use my phone normally its dead by lunchtime...Samsung increased battery capacity on the S4 from previous models to overcome the battery issues...however the Sprint update makes this phone act like the defunct Galaxy S2...Sad Sprint cant get anything right the first time...I am going to attempt to switch phones to an HTC or LG...I will have threaten to take all 9 phones off Spint's service to make this happen....I am willing to try....

Highlighted
Master

iamme54,

I am very sorry that you are having theses troubles since the update. Have you take the device to the store to be checked by out techs? Let me know. - SarahG
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Dear Sprint care, Have you tried taking your response to the beginning of the thread to read through the history of the discussion before regurgitating the standard we-have-no-other-ideas response? As this battery drain issue started at the moment of the 4.4.2 update, it's clear that the hardware is not the issue. So, please don't invite people to waste their time standing around in a Sprint store when there's nothing they can do to fix it.

We in the customer base take your technical support very seriously. Please let us know how your reading skills come along. - PHowardd Sprint Annoyed Customer Base

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's the update... being I root and tweak phones all the time the only 4 things you can do is

1. Wait it out for lollipop 5.0 update to come to our phones in the spring time March / April ish

2. Try to get them to replace your phone ( they won't being your phone is still working and will blame battery drain on something else although this is a known problem with the s4

3.learn to root and customize your phone to your own liking

Note - they say this voids your warranty as long as you do the right research there's ways to get around losing your warranty trust me I've done it so many times and still got my phone replaced

4. Toss your phone in a lake pond ocean the file a claim for a lost phone

I've have to deal with these clowns so many times that I've got them figured out and beat them at their own games

Highlighted
Master

bluedevils2003, Hey there. If there is something I can assist you with you with today, please let me know. I'm willing to help in any way I can. - Gertrude, Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for your response, Gertrude. There is nothing you can help me with, but if you would like to visit your nearest Sprint store and spend a few hours standing around for nothing, that would be great. Thank you! -Phowardd, Sprint Annoyed Customer Base.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat