cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips and tricks - Samsung GS4

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tips and tricks - Samsung GS4

Found some neat tips and tricks for the Samsung Galaxy S4.

15 REPLIES 15
Master

Re: Tips and tricks - Samsung GS4

webejamin - Thank you for your post. Please feel free to post the information on this page. - Nyyota
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

SprintCare,

In the Sprint Galaxy S4 support section, is there a list of the special commands that are used to test/reset/correct various aspects of the device?

For example, SprintCare told me about a ##72786# command to refresh the S4's network settings.  A couple months ago, SprintCare told me how to reset my phone's compass calibration by entering a special code.  I'm sure there's an entire list of these special commands, and what they do.  I just can't find it at the Sprint website.  It's inconvenient and inefficient to have to call Sprint or post a message to this forum for every issue, if a user-controlled "fix" is readily available.  Thank-you.

-Allen

Journeyman

Ahh I considered these tips and tricks standard same old tricks and tips

Where the best tricks and tips come in is when you learn to root and customize your phone

For example on my standard battery im getting 2 days without charging with 7 to 8 hours of screen time

Master

Good morning Allen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We have basic troubleshooting steps that we use, depending on the issues. We don't have a list of special commands for the Galaxy S4. The ##72786# that you were given is used on most android phones to reset the network settings. You can also find basic troubleshooting steps in the user guide for the device.

- Eric
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

this would be pretty helpful..BUT..it could also backlash onto people if they have no clue what theyre doing. a lot of the commands you can put in will put them into areas that they shouldnt be making any random changes to. i would see this as a problem. worst case scenario they can always do a list that only contains the plain and simple ones that someone with lesser knowledge cant mess up...hopefully.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Well that's why its called learning , researching , watching videos and reading articles..lol

Honestly its not that hard ... im not a smart guy and if I can do it anyone can :-)

Master

bluedevils2003, Thank you for your feedback. If there's anything that we can help you with please let us know. - Fernendez
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

lol its not the fact that its hard..i just rarely have the time..single dad with a son that plays a LOT of sports..i have to add in my restroom breaks onto my agenda or i'll never get the time for them lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Lol true good point

Journeyman

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.  Although the most useful tip of adding my work phone number to the lock-screen in case my S4 was lost, is not S4 specific, it was something I found very useful.  Thank-you!

-Allen

Journeyman

Thanks for sharing. I didn't know that about the camera. Anymore info you have to share?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat