cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPSET WITH $250 for GALAXY S4 16gb

Highlighted
Journeyman

UPSET WITH $250 for GALAXY S4 16gb

THERES ALOT OF LOYAL CUSTOMERS TO SPRINT,AND NOW THERE IS ALOT OF UPSET CUSTOMERS and it seems that sprint really likes to push their customers to the limit. Never have I anticipated a phone release nearly as much as this one, I want to recomend to ANYONE ELSE WHO IS UPSET WITH PAYING $250 DO NOT PURCHARSE THROUGH THE CARRIER (SPRINT STORE) SEARCH THROUGH OTHER RETAILERS SUCH AS Walmart, AMAZON,or WiREFLY. REMEMBER ITS $250 PLUS THE $36 SERVICE FEE/ UPGRADE FEE/ INITIATION/ ACTIVATION FEE OR WHATEVER ELSE THEY WANT TO CALL IT ON YOUR FIRST MONTHS BILL!!!

I wouldnt't mind paying $250 so much IF IT CAME WITH A FREE S-VIEW CASE From SAMSUNG OR IT WERE THE 32GB!!!!!!

The whole charging Sprints LOYAL customers an EXTRA $50 than everyone else, is SIMPLY TO MAKE UP FOR THE $100 OFF NEW CUSTOMERS!!!

I BET SPRINT WILL LOWER IT TO $200 IF THEY DONT RECEIVE AS MANY PRE-ORDERS AS THEY THINK THEY'LL HAVE

BEST BET SO FAR IS  TO WAIT AND SEE IF WAL-MART WILL ALSO OFFER SPRINT VERSION OF THE S4 AS THEY ARE OFFERING ATT'S S4 @ $168 PRE-ORDER!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - changed font

171 REPLIES 171
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: UPSET WITH $250 for GALAXY S4

Hi asaavedra00,

Thanks for your Community post. I am glad that you are excited about the launching of the Samsung Galaxy S4. I've completed training on the device and the specifications are simply phenomenal. I understand you have some concerns regarding the price, and we definitely encourage customer to do some comparison shopping before purchasing. This is recommended to ensure they get the best deal. Sprint also offers promotion frequently with different targets in mind. Some promotion are for port in credit, as they attract new customers from other mobile carriers. We offer the "Buy One Get One Free" which encourages customer to upgrade multiple lines. Other times we refer customer to our website www.sprint.com for special web deals and activation fee waivers. In each scenario there are very distinct targets in mind and qualifying customer are encouraged to participate. We appreciate your business and are glad you are a loyal customer.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just spoke with a representative and they told me the buy one get one free is not availble.... Still upset with the price

Wizard

asaavedra00,

Thanks for your reply. When I mentioned the BOGO offer, it was just an example of a promotion where a selective target would qualify. I understand that you are upset with the price however, you may consider utilizing Sprint's buy-back program as a means to help offset the cost of the device. For more information regarding our buy-back program, please visit www.sprint.com/buyback.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

_DePaul wrote:

asaavedra00,

Thanks for your reply. When I mentioned the BOGO offer, it was just an example of a promotion where a selective target would qualify. I understand that you are upset with the price however, you may consider utilizing Sprint's buy-back program as a means to help offset the cost of the device. For more information regarding our buy-back program, please visit www.sprint.com/buyback.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

New customers can also utilize the buy-back program as a means to help offset the cost of the device. So that still leaves new customers with a much better deal than current customers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree spirnt is screwing us loyal customers in favor of new ones. This is such a bad business practice and I hope people follow me and set an example to business that practice this and leave and never come back. Show compaines like sprint the middle finger. Unity in numbers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I feel the same.  I've been a customer since 1998 or earlier.  I now have 4 lines on Sprint.  To charge that much more for the same phone is crazy.  If the price does not come down before it is available in the stores I will move my lines when the contract period is up in December. 

DePaul, you responded that some discounts are given to attract new customers from other carriers.  Has Sprint ever heard that it is less expensive to keep an existing customer then it is to attract a new one.  It's hard to keep customers if you charge them more then what a new customer has to pay.  I will now be a new customer you will spend alot more on to try and get me back then the extra $$ you are charging for the S4.

-It costs five to six times as much to get a new (first time) customer as it does to keep a current one. Source: the White House Office of Consumer Affairs, Washington, DC. 

- Customer loyalty can be worth up to 10 times as much as a single purchase. Source: the White House Office of Consumer Affairs, Washington, DC.

- It costs 6 times more to attract a new customer than it does to keep an old one. Source: “Understanding Customers” by Ruby Newell-Legner

Highlighted
Journeyman

Other carriers will be offering thier new customers great deals on this phone as well. Seems that alot of Sprint's loyal customers will become someone elses new costomers. Great business model Sprint!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nobody will fall for this scheme Sprint; we will just happily become new customers for other carriers.

Charging $250 for the 16gb is insane. What are you thinking? Better drop that price to match the other carriers, and quickly, else I foresee a mass exodus of long-time (and short-term) customers...myself included.

You think I'm happy to read "$250" after holding out on my upgrade since August 2012 for this phone, when all other carriers are cheaper? Let that sink in, because I know, without a DOUBT, that many others were doing the same.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been eligible for an upgrade since July of last year.   Was holding out,  to see what new phones had to offer.   I finally decided that I'm going to pull the trigger on a the S4.

But now I see that long term customers are basically paying for new customers?   I've been with Sprint since about 98 and I can't believe that the thanks I'm getting for being so loytal is 'oh that will be $50 more for you'  

Is this really what Sprint thinks will keep it in business?

I'm not paying that,  forget it Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an HTC Evo 4G (the older one)! And I have been waiting to upgrade since this month on the 1st and I was hoping I would upgrade to this one but I guess I will end my contract in May and go to another carrier that offers it for $150! What kind if mess is this!! Having the faithful customer pay more than the new comers! What they fail to see is that the loyal customers are the ones supporting them now and the newer customers may or may not stay but they get the better deal! Haven't been with Sprint as long as some others have and by the looks of the forum this is nothing new of Sprint! Looks like Verizon is in my near future in May because this is ridiculous!! I refuse to pay $250 for a phone and search for 3rd party sites just so I can get something cheaper when the 3rd party has their own rules and regulations to abide by with returns & insurance policies! Rather just switch companies and get a lot better customer service where the company actually caters to their customers!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The buyback program is a joke, Sprint is offering me a whole $40 on my Photon which pretty much only covers the upgrade fee that they decide to charge now.

Photon users already got screwed over by Sprint/Motorola and the abandonment of this phone being stuck on Gingerbread with a locked bootloader, so thanks for the low buyback price also.

Existing customers want offers they can actually use, BOGO is not useful for people like me with only one phone and one plan.  Also having some holiday promotional pricing for a phone when we are already locked in a contract and not eligible for an upgrade is of no help also.  So existing customers expect at least a comparable price for a phone that other existing customers get on other carriers.  Getting the S4 for $50 more bucks isn't doing us a favor, so enjoy the people who port over for a discount and then leave when they find out that's the only discount they will get for the lifetime of their account.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat