cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPSET WITH $250 for GALAXY S4 16gb

Highlighted
Journeyman

UPSET WITH $250 for GALAXY S4 16gb

THERES ALOT OF LOYAL CUSTOMERS TO SPRINT,AND NOW THERE IS ALOT OF UPSET CUSTOMERS and it seems that sprint really likes to push their customers to the limit. Never have I anticipated a phone release nearly as much as this one, I want to recomend to ANYONE ELSE WHO IS UPSET WITH PAYING $250 DO NOT PURCHARSE THROUGH THE CARRIER (SPRINT STORE) SEARCH THROUGH OTHER RETAILERS SUCH AS Walmart, AMAZON,or WiREFLY. REMEMBER ITS $250 PLUS THE $36 SERVICE FEE/ UPGRADE FEE/ INITIATION/ ACTIVATION FEE OR WHATEVER ELSE THEY WANT TO CALL IT ON YOUR FIRST MONTHS BILL!!!

I wouldnt't mind paying $250 so much IF IT CAME WITH A FREE S-VIEW CASE From SAMSUNG OR IT WERE THE 32GB!!!!!!

The whole charging Sprints LOYAL customers an EXTRA $50 than everyone else, is SIMPLY TO MAKE UP FOR THE $100 OFF NEW CUSTOMERS!!!

I BET SPRINT WILL LOWER IT TO $200 IF THEY DONT RECEIVE AS MANY PRE-ORDERS AS THEY THINK THEY'LL HAVE

BEST BET SO FAR IS  TO WAIT AND SEE IF WAL-MART WILL ALSO OFFER SPRINT VERSION OF THE S4 AS THEY ARE OFFERING ATT'S S4 @ $168 PRE-ORDER!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - changed font

171 REPLIES 171
Highlighted
Journeyman

What Sprint is doing to existing customers is heinous! You reward loyalty to a faulty network with the higher S4 price than other carriers? That is BS!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow, I just got off the phone with a sprint representative and they said that the phone would be $250 (16b). $36 dollar activation fee. $12 to ship. $20 dollars in taxes(which i know can't be avoided). BTW, I am eligible for an upgrade. Am I out of my mind right now thinking that this phone is being offered to new customers for $149. But for me to upgrade it's costing me over $320 bucks and I am locked in for 2 years? 

I am so frustrated...The rep asked me 9 times about an 11 dollar protection plan too... "So i can add this to your account", me: "no thanks". him: "So you can get rid of it when you get the phone. It will only cost you a dollar or so", me: "no thanks". on and on and on. I'm like..."Dude I am good, don't want it...stop asking."  Then he hung up on me.

Currently looking to Tmobile, AT&T. 

Oh yeah i've been a Sprint Customer since 1997.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have listened to a lot of complaining about Sprint and its LTE coverage and the $10 for WiMax either of which I was not particularly happy with but fine.  Now the absurdity of charging $249 for the 16GB Galaxy S4 when the other carriers are charging $199 is unbelievable. Talk about a company that is out of touch.  Can’t you see this is a slap in the face of your loyal customers by allowing new people to come to Sprint for $149 while forcing existing customers to pay an extra $50 over what the other carriers are charging!!!  Sprint once again is fleecing its existing loyal customers.

My prediction is you will lose much more that you gain from the scheme.  I have been out of contract since last September and had planned on pre-ordering the Galaxy S4 but not at this price.  I will be evaluating other options.

While unlimited date is a big carrot it is not the only or final deciding factor. The biggest carrot is a company showing respect and loyalty to its existing customer base.  With this pricing plan Sprint is speaking volumes about what it thinks of its existing customers.

Highlighted
Wizard

If you really look at your data usage, most people don't need unlimited.  I've looked at mine and my husband's and we have never even reached 2.  As far as our bill, we will be paying less at AT&T.  I wish we would have never switched to Sprint and this is the icing on the cake.  All the current customers have to pay the difference and the new customers get the deal.  This will be the breaking point for a lot of current customers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

True.

I wonder if I should just buy a used Galaxy S3 on ebay for $200.  Saves the contract hassle and me $120 bucks.

Might wait for the S5 (which is supposed to have bendable gorilla glass).  Or wait until sprint drops the price to $149 like it should be.

J

Wizard

Hi pcexetrajay,

Thanks for your post. You are absolutely correct by suggesting going to another carrier would make you that carriers "New" customer. In this fast pace world of technology where new devices are constantly launching, what happens when you are ready to upgrade with that company and you are no longer considered a "New" customer? Chances are, swapping from one carrier to the next every time you upgrade is not your goal. Also, with doing so, each company offers different rate plans. Though you may pay less for the device when you initiate the service, the monthly service may cost more. I think taking advantage of the buy-back program would be a great alternative. That way you keep your service with the provider you've had for years and offset the equipment cost. That’s a win win situation. We definitely do not want to lose your business and hope you stay with us.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with everybody about current customers (>10 years) getting the horrible end of this deal. Doubt complaining on here will do anything since the Sprint Social Care Team is basically robots and can't think for themselves and have these generic comments. My contract ends in June and if something doesn't change I will no doubt in my mind be switching.

Highlighted
Wizard

Please consider participating in our Sprint Buyback program, during your next upgrade. This can help subsidize the cost of your new purchase, if done in a Sprint company owned store. Also, shop around for equipment. While we currently have an online promotion for new customers, your local store may currently have a promotion for customers who are upgrading. Another great option are the authorized Sprint dealers in your area and online (ie Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc). We encourage you pay close attention to their return policies, for your own protection. Lastly, visit http://sprint.com/shop periodically for different promotions. They do change often and will cater to all of our customers. Happy Shopping!

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think pcexe's point was to switch to a carrier which DOESN'T overcharge their current customers on new phones, hence avoiding future headaches with upgrading his device in this "fast paced world" and making upgrades much more tolerable moving forward. You are absolutely correct--with as many new phones coming out as quickly as they are, it would be very disappointing if Sprint makes a habit out of charging its current customers a premium compared to any other carrier, only to offer new customers a lower price. As it appears all other carriers (except for T-Mobile, which uses a completely different upgrade scheme altogether) are not charging as much as Sprint for the same phone and for greater LTE availability, I think his argument is quite valid.

As for 249for S4Craaaazzzy's comment, If we do not fight this now, who's to say the S5 won't also be $50 more expensive for us loyal Sprint customers? Or the price on the S4 dropping to $199 when it is available for $149 on other carriers networks?

BTW RadioShaq oftentimes offers better trade in rates to all carriers' customers than Sprint does to its customers. So your Buyback program is not a very good excuse for charging me a premium.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not upset because new customrs can get this phone for less than me (existing customer). Give free phones to new customers for all I care.

My problem is Sprint's decision to price the phone at least 25% higher than any other carrier ... new customer, old customer, any customer.  25% Higher!  More in some cases.

Either Sprint is so mismanaged that they can't set a competitive price, or they are gouging.  Either way, Sprint looks bad, bad, bad.  I hope new customers realize this before they take the bait.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint,

First of all, hello, and thank you for having a forum for discussion and information such as this one. It is clear the "Sprint Social Care" team is at least reading some if not all of the comments, and even trying to provide answers or explanations. It is conducive to constructive comments and feedback from your customer base.

Now, with that in mind, I hope you will listen and respond to what I have to say. This board has, in just a day or two, been the site of many posters, all of them, Valued Sprint Customers of yours, who've voice, in a myriad of ways, there dissatisfaction and concern over the price of the soon to release Samsung Galaxy S4. I must count myself as one of them.

The complaints I've read so far all seem to echo similar sentiments. Customers who feel they've given Sprint loyal years of patronage now feel they aren't valued. Customers do not understand why of the major service providers, Sprint is the only one charging more. Theu think they're footing the bill for new customers to get a discount. Mind you, I'm paraphrasing.

So too, have Sprint's Social Care replies been generally the same. They mention efforts to keep monthly service payments low. They cite the value in taking advantage of Sprint's buyback program and frequent promotions. And, perhaps most surprisingly, they suggest the importance of being a Smart Shopper, encouraging concerned customers to make sure to look for deals at other retailers and vendors of Sprint phones! These replies are all delivered in the same, disanced, robotic tone that impart no sense of "Care" at all.

Personally, I would diagnose the malcontent feelings not so much as a blow to our wallets, as its already been said is ONLY  a $50 difference. It is more of an affront to our pride and sensibilities; it is a matter of principle. As loyal customers, we are all practically offended at what appears to be a decision to value future potentially loyal customers over current ones. What's worse, it seems we will bear the cost of slashing prices for new customers. Surely someone in Sprints upper echelon of decision makers sees the folly in such a choice. Surely someone has relayed what must have been a very easily forseeable reaction by customers to the Suits. I assure you, those of us who are voicing our opinions here are not the only ones who hold them. I also assure you that, in a free market, where customers decide where to take their money, a business will definitely suffer from such an ill-advised maneuver. It astounds me that you wouldnt see that.

The context of the problem couldnt be worse for you from a business perspective: Customers want a product - You offer the product for much more with no reasonable excuse - customers are NO LONGER IN CONTRACT - competition offers same product for less - viola, you see the potential to lose customers. Perhaps not the mass exodus that is purported on these forums, perhaps so... it doesnt make much sense to take a risk like that.

Respectfully,

Some Dude on the Internet, Esq.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Stop responding with the buyback program!!!  You are giving me $15 for my phone.  Whooptie doo!  I am beyond frustrated with Sprint at this point.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat