cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPSET WITH $250 for GALAXY S4 16gb

Highlighted
Journeyman

UPSET WITH $250 for GALAXY S4 16gb

THERES ALOT OF LOYAL CUSTOMERS TO SPRINT,AND NOW THERE IS ALOT OF UPSET CUSTOMERS and it seems that sprint really likes to push their customers to the limit. Never have I anticipated a phone release nearly as much as this one, I want to recomend to ANYONE ELSE WHO IS UPSET WITH PAYING $250 DO NOT PURCHARSE THROUGH THE CARRIER (SPRINT STORE) SEARCH THROUGH OTHER RETAILERS SUCH AS Walmart, AMAZON,or WiREFLY. REMEMBER ITS $250 PLUS THE $36 SERVICE FEE/ UPGRADE FEE/ INITIATION/ ACTIVATION FEE OR WHATEVER ELSE THEY WANT TO CALL IT ON YOUR FIRST MONTHS BILL!!!

I wouldnt't mind paying $250 so much IF IT CAME WITH A FREE S-VIEW CASE From SAMSUNG OR IT WERE THE 32GB!!!!!!

The whole charging Sprints LOYAL customers an EXTRA $50 than everyone else, is SIMPLY TO MAKE UP FOR THE $100 OFF NEW CUSTOMERS!!!

I BET SPRINT WILL LOWER IT TO $200 IF THEY DONT RECEIVE AS MANY PRE-ORDERS AS THEY THINK THEY'LL HAVE

BEST BET SO FAR IS  TO WAIT AND SEE IF WAL-MART WILL ALSO OFFER SPRINT VERSION OF THE S4 AS THEY ARE OFFERING ATT'S S4 @ $168 PRE-ORDER!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - changed font

171 REPLIES 171
Highlighted
Journeyman

Bigvic7bn wrote: Heres what id do,  go to  radioshack  and best buy  and  check how  much  they off  you  for  the Evo 3D, I  believe best buy offers more, get a  price  match  because  radioshack is cheaper,  then head  to best buy  and trade. They  price  match  and  you  can  trade  your  phone  there

Big problem with using BBM or RadioShack is they'll give in-store credit.. I would've liked the money to at least go towards the cost of the phone on the new plan, pay off some of the T-mobile bill or remaning Sprint contact, or do whatever. Not to mention I heard BBM (at least in the Cincinnati area) accepted a bigger deal from Sprint to keep T-mobile out...

ALSO: if you want to find out how much you'll get on your trade-in of the S3, go here: https://secure.sprintbuyback.com/cns/select (though according to this, most S3s get ~$115 on buyback, enough to offset the activation+BS "Premium", and then some.)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I kept getting this notification when I signed on to pay my bill saying I was eligible for an upgrade with no real explanation of what Sprints upgrade policy was, so I called and spoke to a representative. When I was with Verizon, after 2 years I recieved $150 off a new phone which was kinda what I was expecting with Sprint. However, after speaking to a rep, I found out that their upgrade deal was you get the new user price on a phone(not really a great deal or much of an incentive to stay seeing as how I could go to any other carrier and get that same "deal".) and now, I find out that this isn't even the case... STRANGERS TO SPRINT are paying $100 LESS than LOYAL CUSTOMERS looking to renew. WHERE'S THE UPGRADE DEAL? WHERE'S THE INCENTIVE FOR US TO STAY?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did they also tell you about the $36.00 account set up/upgrade/activation fee making the phone really $286?  They didn't advise me of it when I ordered my phones, but the confirmation email I had it was listed as a charge.  On mine it is listed as an upgrade fee?  Wow is all I can say, kinda shady really to throw that in AFTER a new 2 year comitment is made and the phone ordered.  I see other loyal customers have had the same thing happen, so It must be their new loyal customer fee.  It might not be posted on here in great numbers, but all these issues with prices and fees are going to spread by word of mouth pretty quick if not contained.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You got $15 for your phone.  I got a big ZERO.  It was too old.  You might want to keep those phones because if your new one breaks, you will have a phone to go back to and if it was "pre-android" they will drop the monthly price so that you won't be paying an excess fee for a non-existent 4G network.  They will also change your end of contract date.  At least mine was changed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I  checked out best buy  and  they offered me $325.00  for my S3 lol  while Sprint  offered my $109.00  and  the  shack  offered $146.00.. So  what's next lol

Highlighted
Wizard

I skimmed through the posts here and agree with what I generally got out of that -- $250 for the S4 when other carriers are charging $200 or less is not a great decision, and the buyback program is definitely not the solution.  I'm still using my original Galaxy S (the Epic) -- you know what the buyback program offers for that?  $18.  That won't even cover the activation fee (or whatever it's called), let alone make a dent in the $250 price of the S4.  The one other device I have is a Palm Centro -- I get $0 for that one.  I'm guessing the only way the buyback program actually helps is if you have a phone that's relatively new -- less than 2 years old almost certainly and preferably less than 1 year old.  (The S2 / Epic 4G Touch seems to give $75, while the 16GB S3 gives $109).  Sprint, you really ought to reconsider your pricing on the 16GB S4.  People here are telling you it's too expensive, you see that other carriers are charging less for the same device (no per-carrier customization on the S4, right?), so why are you willing to annoy and possibly lose your existing customers over $50?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I noticed that they have stopped pre-orders on the black S4...so I guess people aren't that offended by the extra $50, either that or they really did attract that many new customers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been a loyal Sprint customer for over 13+ years without a single late payment and for most of that time have had 4 activated phone lines. I'd estimate that I've paid them ~$30,000 in service contracts since then. I've also helped to retain extended family members under Sprint service even when they weren't completely satisfied with their coverage.  Unfortunately, I think I've had enough of Sprint and their blatant disregard for loyal customers.    1)  They got rid of the Sprint Premier Gold annual upgrades 2) Removed my monthly employee rate discount 3) Charge a bogus $36+tax activation fee for every new phone which only takes a few minutes to take care of.  4) Now charge $10 extra for premium data   5) Are charging significantly more for the S4 vs. the competition 6) Lack 4G coverage that I am paying the extra for  7) Required to use an Airvana Airave to get any service coverage in my home.  😎 Continuous billing errors and problems 9) Phone insurance is a lot more than it used to be and the deductible doesnt make it worth it  9) 3G data is basically unusable, slower than 33Kbps dial-up.

I'm so glad my contract is up on 2 of my primary lines and will expire for my other lines soon.  The extra $50 for the S4 won't break the bank, but it's the principal of the matter and it's the icing on the cake.  Going to have to jump ship.

Highlighted
Journeyman

SPREAD THE WORD TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND TELL THEM TO SPREAD THE WORD, WE THE CONSUMERS ARE IN CHARGE NOT SPRINT!!! 4,457 VIEWS SO FAR, IF CURRENT CUSTOMERS STOP UPGRADES THEY WONT HAVE A CHOICE BUT TO LOWER THE PRICE! NO ONE BUY!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

BTFU2000 wrote:

I noticed that they have stopped pre-orders on the black S4...so I guess people aren't that offended by the extra $50, either that or they really did attract that many new customers.

I STRONGLY DOUBT THEY ARE OUT OF STOCK LIKE IT SAYS WHEN YOU TRY TO PRE ORDER EITHER PHONE, I STRONGLY BELIEVE THEIR SALES EXPECTATIONS ARE NO WHERE CLOSE TO BEING MET SO THEY STOPPING PRE-ORDERS UNTIL THEY CAN ADVERTISE A NEW PRICE!!!! LETS WAIT IT OUT UNTIL LAUNCH DATE APRIL 27TH 2013! WE THE CONSUMER ARE IN CHARGE!!! SPREAD THE WORD!!! STOP PURCHASES OF $250!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm  waiting,  I'm  not  spending a  dime over 200,  I'm  getting  that  price  match  grim  radio  shack  and  taking it  to best buy  where ill trade in my s3 for $325, I REFUSE TO PAY  THAT EXTRA 50 when previous yrs  that's the 32gb  price,  while  other  carriers still  follow  that  format sprint wants  to rob us blind, hell if  they  aren't  giving  any extra  accessory  which I  know  they  aren't  then ill  be Casper(straight ghost) cya...

Highlighted
Journeyman

FYI, Amazon Wireless is offering the Galaxy Note II (Titanium) for Sprint for $149

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Note-II-Android-Titanium/dp/B00A0CIS5C/

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat