cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPSET WITH $250 for GALAXY S4 16gb

Highlighted
Journeyman

UPSET WITH $250 for GALAXY S4 16gb

THERES ALOT OF LOYAL CUSTOMERS TO SPRINT,AND NOW THERE IS ALOT OF UPSET CUSTOMERS and it seems that sprint really likes to push their customers to the limit. Never have I anticipated a phone release nearly as much as this one, I want to recomend to ANYONE ELSE WHO IS UPSET WITH PAYING $250 DO NOT PURCHARSE THROUGH THE CARRIER (SPRINT STORE) SEARCH THROUGH OTHER RETAILERS SUCH AS Walmart, AMAZON,or WiREFLY. REMEMBER ITS $250 PLUS THE $36 SERVICE FEE/ UPGRADE FEE/ INITIATION/ ACTIVATION FEE OR WHATEVER ELSE THEY WANT TO CALL IT ON YOUR FIRST MONTHS BILL!!!

I wouldnt't mind paying $250 so much IF IT CAME WITH A FREE S-VIEW CASE From SAMSUNG OR IT WERE THE 32GB!!!!!!

The whole charging Sprints LOYAL customers an EXTRA $50 than everyone else, is SIMPLY TO MAKE UP FOR THE $100 OFF NEW CUSTOMERS!!!

I BET SPRINT WILL LOWER IT TO $200 IF THEY DONT RECEIVE AS MANY PRE-ORDERS AS THEY THINK THEY'LL HAVE

BEST BET SO FAR IS  TO WAIT AND SEE IF WAL-MART WILL ALSO OFFER SPRINT VERSION OF THE S4 AS THEY ARE OFFERING ATT'S S4 @ $168 PRE-ORDER!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - changed font

171 REPLIES 171
Highlighted
Journeyman

Saving some quick cash now will not save you money in 2 years time for the contract. 500$ is not alot when your looking at spending 1-2k more in a contract with ATT/Verizon and Tmobile will make you pay 100+$ overall vs retail due to their "leasing" of the phones instead of doing a contract.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint now has the S4 at $199 on their Sprint website for eligible 2 yr agreement

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why not do a list of pro's and cons for Sprint here now compared to others?

Right now 1500 minutes costs $129.99 and with 3 lines another $30.00/premium internet so that is $159.00.

T-Mobile I know has $170 for 3 phones with unlimited internet.   SG3 16GB for $70 and SG4 16GB for $150.  

That is very tempting compared with the rates and contracts I am stuck with Sprint.

What other offers or comparisons out there?

Highlighted
Journeyman

They realized too late and reduced the price now. I already switched to ATT. The only 32GB Samsung S4 phone available as today is from AT&T and I got that. Man I am so happy. When I got my Sprint Nexus 2 a couple of years ago, the Best Buy cheated by saying there is $50 credit because I was moving from AT&T. Then I got nothing. When I disputed with Sprint they said that offer is only for those buying equipment from Sprint directly. When I said I still moved over from AT&T so why not give me that discount. They outright rejected. I said then that I will not renew contract with Sprint for which the Customer Support said, that is fine.

Sprint cannot even keep up their own promise. Why would you do any business with them? I also got some company discount from AT&T and I am one happy camper. Good Bye Sprint. You will never see me in your domain again. If ever you sustain one more year in business that is...

For those comparing Sprint pricing to others, note that if you used more than 3 GB of b/w on phone data line, then you are a winner with Sprint. I am literally on my cell phone most days scanning emails and other web sites. When there is no wifi, Sprint is so slow I almost give up using internet. AT&T has so many wifi hotspots so you will end up using wifi more often than you would imagine. I do so with my ipad,

Highlighted
Journeyman

T mobile is the best option, especially since they use GMS (sim cards) so you can just buy whatever phone you want from WHEREVER for whatever cheap price. If you don't want a SIM card you can use Ting or Zact and stay with Sprint's network. There's also Solavei and FreedomPop.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I totally agree..& now I feel like a total idiot for purchasing this phone for that amount. . mainly bcuz my husband who is a "u want it buy it" type of guy, convinced me to get it even thou I was sooo against it.. mostly bcuz it was more than every other carrier....Sprint's cell & customer service severely sucks & has for quite some time now...

Sincerely yours,

A very disappointed customer

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not so much.  I've been pricing the other carriers and the costs for a family service plan is the same as I'm paying now.  So, $500 saved on phones and no increase in plan costs.  Definitely worth the hassle of moving

Highlighted
Master

Not that I want to discourage anyone, but I see a lot of talks about t-mobile and the prices. Don't forget, since they have no contract, after you buy the phone, you have to pay $20 every month extra, and that money goes for the price of the phone, until you reach the full price of $610 (or $620 not sure).

And if you decide to buy a new phone or move to another company, you have to pay the whole balance that you might have for that phone before you do so.

As far as Sprint, I was directed from Sprint's CS to Amazon.com and other sites, which had the S4 cheaper then sprint, they tried to save me some money, and I appreciate that from them.

This is just me... I'm sure many of you out there might disagree with me!

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

The fact that TMobile makes you own your phone outright is exactly why we would be choosing them, Dj. Why continually settle for subpar phones with Sprint when we could just buy whatever phone we want with our own money, and then only pay $30 a month for unlimited 4G data and 100 minutes??! Most of us don't use 700 minutes a month, and even if we do, there are plenty of texting apps that allow you to place voice calls using data, so it's still a no brainer. I'm seriously considering switching to TMo's no contract Walmart plan, and so are a lot of other people.

Highlighted
Master

I totally agree with what you saying, but keep in mind, T-Mobile is not the only carrier that does that, Sprint does to, and I think Verizon too, you can get a plan with no contract, and you can certainly buy a phone up front for $600 (or less in craigslist) without renewing your contract. The only difference was that T-Mobile gives you the opportunity to pay a little up front and pay $20/month for the phone.

Also just because you own your phone up front doesn't mean anything, because you are still restricted to t-mobile, you will not be able to take that phone to at&t if you choose so. I come from Europe and there, they have the best thing a user can have, the phone you buy is truly unlocked and you are able to use with who ever you choose to, if this month an X company has some good deals, you go with them, next month if another company has a better deal, you go with them, and so on. The draw back for that is thatprices of the phones are crazy, especially when they first come out.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Listen people... I got my GS4 for free even after I shelled out the $250 to Sprint like you all did too, at the Sprint Corporate store, just like I did.  I did my homework like a good consumer.  I got a $200.00 buyback offer for my iFail 4S from Apple.  I also got a $50 rebate from Sprint.  I then called Sprint after I got home and talked to Sprint OVER THE PHONE in a CALM voice and simple asked if they could possibly waive the $36 activation fee since I had to drive 40 miles to the closest store that had the S4G in stock at the time I had the cash on hand to be able to purchase the phone, that I've been a customer of Sprint forever, and had to renew my contract yet again.  I told the customer service representative to take my number and call me back when she got an answer from her supervisor, as it was no rush; the next day or two, made no difference to me.  I told her if Sprint could waive the activation fee, that would be great, if not, that's fine too.  I wanted the phone regardless.  I simply explained the situation to her.  In a few hours, Sprint called me back and told me there would be a charge for the activation fee of $36, and on the next month's bill, a credit for the activation fee.  That's much more than I expected.  If Sprint doesn't credit my bill for the activation charge, am I going to be mad, NO!

Samsung and Sprint have both confirmed via email that my rebates have been processed and been accepted via email and are on their way to me via USPS.  So I got my S4G for FREE.  So people, please, quit whining, and do your D - - N homework!

Highlighted
Wizard

Best Buy is doing $199 for the S4 and giving out $50 gift cards.  So although you're still paying for that $50 gift card, its still sort of nice.  I've been waiting for this ridiculous price to drop OR add a higher storage tier.  Since ATT has an exclusivity on the 32GB in the states for an unknown period, I'm tired of waiting.  That $36 activation fee is a pain in the arse though.  I usually get it waived, but there's a note on my account now that says I can't get them waived anymore

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat