cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPSET WITH $250 for GALAXY S4 16gb

Highlighted
Journeyman

UPSET WITH $250 for GALAXY S4 16gb

THERES ALOT OF LOYAL CUSTOMERS TO SPRINT,AND NOW THERE IS ALOT OF UPSET CUSTOMERS and it seems that sprint really likes to push their customers to the limit. Never have I anticipated a phone release nearly as much as this one, I want to recomend to ANYONE ELSE WHO IS UPSET WITH PAYING $250 DO NOT PURCHARSE THROUGH THE CARRIER (SPRINT STORE) SEARCH THROUGH OTHER RETAILERS SUCH AS Walmart, AMAZON,or WiREFLY. REMEMBER ITS $250 PLUS THE $36 SERVICE FEE/ UPGRADE FEE/ INITIATION/ ACTIVATION FEE OR WHATEVER ELSE THEY WANT TO CALL IT ON YOUR FIRST MONTHS BILL!!!

I wouldnt't mind paying $250 so much IF IT CAME WITH A FREE S-VIEW CASE From SAMSUNG OR IT WERE THE 32GB!!!!!!

The whole charging Sprints LOYAL customers an EXTRA $50 than everyone else, is SIMPLY TO MAKE UP FOR THE $100 OFF NEW CUSTOMERS!!!

I BET SPRINT WILL LOWER IT TO $200 IF THEY DONT RECEIVE AS MANY PRE-ORDERS AS THEY THINK THEY'LL HAVE

BEST BET SO FAR IS  TO WAIT AND SEE IF WAL-MART WILL ALSO OFFER SPRINT VERSION OF THE S4 AS THEY ARE OFFERING ATT'S S4 @ $168 PRE-ORDER!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - changed font

171 REPLIES 171
Highlighted
Journeyman

haha exactly, I am only breaking even with the buyback and the upgrade fee tacked on as a privilege of being a long term customer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Heck yeah I agree with that! The buy back program aint doing **** for me! Give me $15 for my phone that cost me way over $300 for when I purchased it, and having the nerve to want to buy it back for $15 just to sell for more as a "refurbished phone" and gain more profit which I don't see what their doing with it because cell phone service in my area is far from good. I frequently get dropped calls and broken up phone conversations! Plus this mess with the 25% more cost for the Samsung Galaxy S4 than other carriers with 4G and better service in my area... Please tell me at what point are they going to change this mess?? We don't get any incentives for the people just wanting to upgrade. No waived activation fee! No free cell phone case! No improved cell phone service in my area! No NOTHING but a bag of lies and bull****. Talking about waiting for 3rd party sellers to lower the price. What about they drop the price so people won't have to wait and we don't become a victim to third party return policies & insurance. Someone please tell me where is the "customer care" ...... I think I missed it a long time ago when I see no effort in fixing the issue here!

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Ruth E: The tiny amount of money I will get for you buying back my phone won't even cover the $36 activation fee that I shouldn't have to pay when I'm signing a new 2 year contract!

Are these in-store promotions for existing customers who are just upgrading/signing a new contract that you are mentioning actually going to happen? Instead of hinting about those things why don't you just tell us straight out if they are going to happen or not?  At this point in the game you shouldn't be hinting at things that aren't really going to happen, it'll only lose you more customers/make people mad in the end. We, your customer base, are your bread and butter. We are not disposable.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My last upgrade was to the Moto Photon 4G.  Soon after that upgrade Sprint announced they were abandoning Wimax for LTE, so my state of the art phone became junk just a few weeks after purchasing it.  Then there were the initial bugs in the phone.  Not entirely Sprint's fault, but with as much input as they have on roots and boot ups, etc, you would have thought this would have been caught.  I have been looking forward to this phone for 6 months...and to see the launching blantantly geared towards driving new customers, is a slap in the face.  Sprint's decision makers need to go back and look at their market research, because if you aren't gaining market share with unlimited data and lower plan costs than your competition, you think a one time savings of $50 for a new phone is going to attract to new customers from a competitor where they could be paying upto $50/month in higher plan rates than they would at Sprint.  You may win some, but not the smart consumers.  Until your preception of customer service improves (I have never had a problem with Sprint's customer service but have read alot of complaints), 4G catches up with the competition, and overall service satisfaction impvores (again, where I live I have no complaints about cell service, and non 4G data services), that is when you will dramatically increase the customer base.  If I were running the show, I would be lowering the price down to $200, and coming up with some other promotion to try to attract new customers (maybe new customers get 2 $25 credits their first two months of service, or free activiation, of $5 credit for 12 months.  Just suggestions!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh yes lets not forget how I bought the original Evo in June of 10 when it came out and was told the city I lived in would have 4g by December of 10.  Well its April of 13 and still no 4 G.  Lies lies lies

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes this is ridiculous!!! I too have been a long time sprint customer. The service is half *** and this phone is priced wayyy too for existing customer. You won't be getting my $250.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My biggest complaint isn't that they want to charge us loyal customers more for the same phone than new customers (I understand as a businees they wish to attract to new customers, but $100 extra is a little crappy).  My bigger complaint is that they are trying to get us to upgrade while only offering the 16GB version for $250 (the same price AT&T is offering the 32GB version).  I'm sure they'll then wait a month or two and then begin offering the 32GB version, after they've made a good profit off of selling the 16GB version at an inflated price.  That is what burns me.

I would willingly pay the $250 for the 32GB version right now... even with new customers getting the discount.  Neither my wife or I (who like many others have both been eligible for an upgrade but waiting for this phone) will be paying $250 for this 16GB version.  Bad move Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been with Sprint for years and have multiple lines. I am done with this company! Anything that was a perk for having Sprint is now gone(i.e. Sprint Gold premier customer). Why should I stay when in my area I don't have LTE it doesn't seem to be coming soon, pay more because I have been loyal and I can get a better deal with the compeition?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint I have been paying a $10.00 upgrade for premium data and since my market never got 4G Wimax, I feel like I have over paid by $200 bucks per line since my last upgrade.  So I'll split the difference with you, I'll buy 2 S4's at $250, if you credit me back $100 for each line of service that has paid for a premium data but 4G was never implemented, I'm even fine with the $100 being a $25 credit over 4 months per line or 8 months in total.  I think this is a good deal for everyone.  Well you have my account information from my screenname, feel free to reach out!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Let's see... to those switching to the T for the S4 (like myself eventually): keep in mind that the $149 upfront and $20/mo for two years makes the S4 $649 or so, which is current full retail price. And then when you upgrade to another phone, won't you not be in this situation again? So, if you upgrade constantly, you'll get very little discounts on your bill. Not to mention this is for a "WELL QUALIFIED" newbie, whatever the terms are for this. (Lucky for me I've got a discount through the T for having Allstate Motor Club, which makes this SOMEWHAT worth it, assuming I qualify.) Not to mention also, is it just me, or does the T's sales reps seem a bit pushy, ESPECIALLY in malls? this was ALWAYS a personal pet peeve of the T for the longest of time.

Having said that, I *just* priced my Evo 3D (another phone that was rendered obsolete by Sprint due to their decision to switch over to LTE, LESS than a year after its release mind you) for the buyback program, I'll be getting $42. Which only offsets the BS activation fee, and does LITTLE for the $50 "premium" for being a loyal customer (I've been on for a year and a half so far..). Tack on the $10/mo for the premium 4G plan, when my area has ZERO LTE support (but "tons" of WiMAX (tons in quotes because as of late the 4G has been off the ball IMHO) support in my area despite its obsolesence), and yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah. Packing my bags and moving ASAP. I've only got a month left before I can upgrade, so I don't mind taking a minor hit.

BTW, for those interested, T-mobile has ALMOST everything unlimited (ALMOST because in addition to everything else you expect (unlimited days, nights, weekends, data, texts, picture messages, mobile-to-mobile, family, etc) they offer a smartphone hotspot plan, 500MB, which Sprint DOES NOT even attempt to offer) for $70. As of late I've been using ~4 GIGABYTES on the 4G (not to confuse 4GB with the 4G services). so IMHO it's sort of worth it for me to switch (still can't get over the fact that the T only has the S4 on their no contract plan ATM which makes you pay full retail for the phone eventually assuming you qualify)..

Highlighted
Journeyman

its  sad  really,  originally ATT  was  said  to  be  charging $250 but  after  an uproar  and  numerous  complaints  they  quickly  correctly the  situation.. Sprint who I  have  been  with  since 2003, is  screwing us more  and more each year,  first  they started chargjng  that extra 10 bucks  for no 4g,  then  the Sprint Gold premiere  program,  and  now $250  for a 16gb S4 when sll  other  carriers  are  charging 149 or 200.. Atleast  explain  this  reason(valid reason) or offer  some  accessory  like a flip  case or  something.. ill  say  this much I  have 2 lines just  for  myself  and was planning on  giving one  to my gf who is  currently  with T-Mobile  but I  doubt it now..  Either  the  price drops, I  get a  reasonable offer  for my S3  from  the buyback or I  walk off  to T-Mobile.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Heres what id do,  go to  radioshack  and best buy  and  check how  much  they off  you  for  the Evo 3D, I  believe best buy offers more, get a  price  match  because  radioshack is cheaper,  then head  to best buy  and trade. They  price  match  and  you  can  trade  your  phone  there

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat