Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get 4G

Journeyman

Unable to get 4G

I have been unable to get 4G on my Samsung gs4 replacement phone . Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

FROGSHAIR wrote:

I have been unable to get 4G on my Samsung gs4 replacement phone . Any ideas?

When they replaced your phone, they did not manually update your SIM (ICCID). Most reps are used to this updating automatically but it does not with the S4. Get in touch with Sprint or visit a store (whichever is easier) and have them check the SIM on file compared to the one in your replacement phone. It's more than likely not a match, locking you out of 4G. This has been happening to a lot of people who get replacement phones.

Journeyman

I've talked to online rep to reset my phone. No luck still can't get 4G. Went to store I was told by the rep the 4G towers were up and down give it several days. Also does anyone know what the error EHRPD 7 is?

Journeyman

FROGSHAIR wrote:

I've talked to online rep to reset my phone. No luck still can't get 4G. Went to store I was told by the rep the 4G towers were up and down give it several days. Also does anyone know what the error EHRPD 7 is?

So they were able to confirm that your SIM numbers were correct for the new phone? That's good. Aside from that, the eHRPD error is related a network bridge between 3G and LTE. Chances are the towers in the area are being worked on as told by the store rep. So give it time and you should be good to go soon. Keep checking in every with Sprint every so often so you know when work is complete and if your problem goes deeper than a tower issue.

Journeyman

thank you for your help MahlonP. i went back to the sprint store and the rep there. Typed ##72786# on my phone and my phone was able to connect to 4g. thanks again for your replies. have an awesome weekend.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat