Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undelivered Text Messages

Journeyman

Undelivered Text Messages

I am not receiving text messages consistently on my S4. I have a Galaxy S4 and previously had an S2, and had this problem with both phones.  This has been ongoing for 10 months now.  It seems to come and go one different days, and some days are worse than others.  The only temporary fixes that work is using the system reset (##72786#), and sometimes just literally calling another phone number, and in both cases the undelivered texts will just "flood in" to my phone.  I have had as many as 20 texts that were undelivered, finally download to my phone using this method.  The problem is you don't know when you're NOT receiving messages from others...until you call them.

Like I said, this has been going on for 10 months, and all Sprint has been able to do is tell me about the reset option (which is ridiculous to accomplish multiple times a day), and occasionally offer my $25 off my bill for the inconvenience.  I am at my wits end on the service provided by Sprint.  This is my second phone, so I am thinking its not a Samsung problem, but I cannot rule that out either.

47 REPLIES 47
Highlighted
Master

Re: Undelivered Text Messages

ellisj10,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your network concerns. I'll be happy to look into your account in more detail and see what's going on. Please PM us using this link https://community.sprint.com/baw/pm-post!input.jspa?to=5191314 for further assistance. Please include your name, number, and security info.

*Randi
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue with my brand new S4. It may take anywhere from 30 seconds to 14 hours to get texts. I received 3 texts at once this morning at 4:45 that were sent at around 3:00 yesterday afternoon. To say the least, my wife was less than pleased when I blew her off by not replying. Help!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had this problem lately as well. I haveagalaxy s4. No texts until I restart my phone. Then all come in at once. Had 40 or so come in the other day after a restart. Can't keep restarting my phone all the time. Getting very frustrated.

Highlighted
Master

Fweckow

This is unfortunate. Can you please dial ##72786#? This will reset the network settings in the device, it will reboot and re-program. This will not cause you to lose any of your data on the phone. Let me know if this helps.

Judith
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same exact issues with my s4 spark. It seems to be getting even worse. I am also having voice mails stuck in pending. Very frustrating.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have reset phone and network several times with sprint care.

Highlighted
Master

DrS747,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I see that you've already completed several troubleshooting steps. Please let us have the cross streets & zip code where you notice this issue; we're here to help! - Joseph
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

NickK,

We are sorry to hear this. Do a profile update on your device with these steps http://bit.ly/1o6vmyT. This can help with signal issues.

-Patrick

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did update the Profile and also reset my network settings via the ##72786# suggested above. So far things seem better. Time will tell.

Thanks

Highlighted
Master

NickK - Awesome. Let us know if anything changes. - Kenneisha
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

You will continue to see the issue over and over again.  I have Factory Reset a couple of times and the issue is resolved for a week or two then comes back.  I have #72786## probably 40 times, and it helps for a bit but comes back within a day or two.  The easiest 'fix' is to make a call and then I'll get a flood at once which is also mentioned below.  My go to number is my desk number in my office, even on weekends.  I never had this issue on my S3, but have had it since the beginning on my S4.  Tech here in Omaha says a new phone will not help.  The other 3 phones on my account do not have the issue, which seems odd except that none of them are the S4.  So that lends be to believe it is a phone issue.  Getting pretty frustrated and may end up being forced to another carrier as my phone is also used for work and not receiving system alerts is somewhat of a HUGE deal.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat