cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates for galaxy s4 sph-L720?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Updates for galaxy s4 sph-L720?

I did check the forums and even called customer support only to get transferred three separate times to sales to keep informing me I'm eligible for the easy payment upgrade option and that if I got one of the newer phones I'd have all of the updates the other carriers are offering now I'm currently trying to setup my email because it stopped working yesterday and after doing what I was told from customer support clearing my cache, then Data, force stopping email and turning off my phone then turning it on after 5 minutes and clicking on email its not recognizing my account and keeps giving me a failure to authenticate so I have no idea how to fix this problem and email is one of the most important parts of my day to day life have tried calling twice today only to be put on hold and disconnected once and then transfer to sales dept the second time. It's getting very frustrating and I'm seriously considering with all the new Black Friday deals out there for other companies weighing out the pros and cons of unlimited data with another carrier and cost of early termination. .....

Master

Tdono,

Thank you for posting. Have you tried taking the phone into one of our Sprint Repair Stores to have them look at it? I would recommend you doing that if you have not already. They will be able to do hands on troubleshooting and diagnosis of any device issues. Do you have Total Equipment Protection on your device? You can find a Sprint Repair Store by visiting www.sprint.com/storelocator . Let me know if there is anything else that you need assistance with.

- Carolyn
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hey, fantastic. It looks like 5.0 Lollipop has plenty of prooblems, most notably, WIFI connectivity issues and battery drain. Come on. I am no longer anticipating the "update". Whenever it trickles through Sprint's colon onto my phone, I will hold off installing it until I believe that it may actually work. Have a look: The Worst Bugs in Android 5.0 Lollipop and How to Fix Them

Master

phowardd,

Oh no, sorry to hear there are bugs in the new software. Have you tried reaching out to the manufacturer about these issues you are having? Since the updates are pushed to the phone from the manufacturer, it is best to report through them. That is a good site too to help with these concerns. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Thank you,
- Heather
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Wow.

Journeyman

So does anyone know when we will receive the Android 5.0 Update for the Galaxy S4 SPH-L720?

Journeyman

Yes actually, and after dealing with 2 of the staff working the floor that had 0 experience in anything phone related besides whatever litte training they had in selling them and clearly nothing else and feeling more aggrevated and pressured to "buy a new phone" "you qualify for blah blah and won't have these issues on this new phone"". I was pissed and about to leave, but was then approached by another associate that actually knew what a Nexus was. I'm sure by now those same undertrained individuals that tried telling me things like there are no samsungs S or Pro version Tablets the 4 was the "best tablet on the market right now" as I was holding a 1+1/Nexus 7 2013 2nd Gen...and they told me that the 1+1 sounded like a walmart phone and to avoid where I was getting any info online as "Only Sprint Carries REAL Flagship phones and many other companies sell :fakes:" Since you guys are now advertising it as "New". And happily he helped me ROOT my s4 on the spot and said not to worry about tripping off KNOX as in Sprints contract it cannot legally effect my warranty since I pay for TEP. So, thanks to all the non help on here and horrible phone customer service, I am glad I decided to take your advise and go into a store and talk to one of your reps, who filled me in on a lot of the other things you all work so hard to hide from customers and some nice loopholes in contracts and ways around issues and a VERY detailed explanation on how to avoid KNOX etc while rooting to the latest Cyanogen MOD.SO THANKS FOR THE ADVISE!!, also thanks for somebody replying to this thread to alert me via e-mail so I can help out the community and share my experience with everyone about the help I got from a Sprint employee, that is what these forums are for after all, correct? Enjoy your night!

Master

angel_eyes_allen,
All updates have just started and will be rolling out within the next few weeks. - Danielle
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

i'll have to go visit that store lol..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

So are there any clues leading up to when this will be sent OTA. I am really excited to see the new features with the new Android 5.0 I have seen some cool videos of it running on a GalaxyS4 and so far it looks awesome. Any Intel would be great....

Journeyman

When will Android 5.0 Lollipop Come To SPH-L520 S4 Mini I'm Really Excited For it please release it soon..... 🙂

Highlighted
Master

NickKligopoulosJr - As of now, there isn't any specified date on the Lollipop update going to the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can refer to the following link for any information or future updates http://bit.ly/1gCkzMz . - Mana
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat