Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY stay with Sprint?

Journeyman

WHY stay with Sprint?

What incentives does sprint give us to stay? I and many other people here have been loyal sprint customers for a number of years, My family has been out of contract paying on a month to month basis since november. I have been waiting to hear news on the new Samsung S4 to pre-order and renew my contract, but after hearing the price of $250 I think I'll be taking my business to AT&T where they are charging $168 to new customers and $199 to their existing customers. why do we have to pay $50 more than any other carrier is charging? Possibly because Sprint wants to make up for the $100 off they are giving their new customers? Absolutely ridiculous!!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: WHY stay with Sprint?

I agree I am posting as much as I can and I am glad you too are also leaving like myself. I think if business wants to continue this practice giving new customers the better deal then we as consumers should just keep jumping back and forth and give these compaines the middle finger.

Highlighted
Journeyman

no reason to stay at this point. Sprint will be bought out by one of two companies that are also weak themselves.  The buyout is unlikely to make anything better for consumers.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/thomson-reuters/130415/timeline-dish-network-vies-softbank-a...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an HTC Evo 4G (the older one)! And I have been waiting to upgrade since this month on the 1st and I was hoping I would upgrade to this one but I guess I will end my contract in May and go to another carrier that offers it for $150! What kind if mess is this!! Having the faithful customer pay more than the new comers! What they fail to see is that the loyal customers are the ones supporting them now and the newer customers may or may not stay but they get the better deal! Haven't been with Sprint as long as some others have and by the looks of the forum this is nothing new of Sprint! Looks like Verizon is in my near future in May because this is ridiculous!! I refuse to pay $250 for a phone and search for 3rd party sites just so I can get something cheaper when the 3rd party has their own rules and regulations to abide by with returns & insurance policies! Rather just switch companies and get a lot better customer service where the company actually caters to their customers!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I AGREE 100%. SPRINT HAS BEEN SCREWING ME FOR ALMOST 15 YEARS, BUT I'VE STUCK IT OUT, THINKING THEY'LL LISTEN TO CUSTOMERS AND THINGS WILL GET BETTER. IT'S NOW 15 YEARS LATER, AND I'M JUST AS ****** OFF AS THE VERY FIRST CONTRACT I EVER SIGNED WITH THEM. I, TOO, WAS GOING TO PRE-ORDER THE GALAXY S4, HOWEVER, I HAD ONE, VERY SIMPLE, QUESTION THAT NEEDED ANSWERING PRIOR TO DOING SO. I SIMPLY  ASKED A VERY HIGH RANKING PERSON WITHIN SPRINT (WHOM I CAN'T IDENTIFY, BECAUSE I SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE THERE NUMBER) WHEN, OR IF, THEY ARE GOING TO LET US HAVE THE 32GB, 64GB VERSION OF THIS PHONE, SO A MONTH FROM NOW, WHEN THEY SUDDENLY HAVE IT AVAILABLE, I'M NOT ****** AND LOCKED IN FOR ANOTHER FREAKIN' TWO YEARS AND DON'T EVEN HAVE THE PHONE I WANTED IN THE FIRST PLACE, ABOVE AND BEYOND PAYING MORE FOR IT THAN ANYWHERE ELSE. I WAS TOLD, "SPRINT CAN'T COMMENT ON THAT". THE ASSWIPES KNOW EXACTLY WHAT AND WHEN THINGS ARE GOING TO BE AVAILABLE, THEY JUST WANT TO SELL AS MANY OF THE CHEAPEST POSSIBLE MODEL FIRST AT THE INFLATED PRICING TO WREAP THE PROFITS.

YOU KNOW, AND THEY DON'T EVEN F...ING HAVE 4GLTE CAPABILITY ANYWHERE NEAR ANYWHERE!!! I TRAVEL FOR A LIVING AND I, HAVE NOT ONCE, BEEN TO CITY, AIRPORT, OR ANYWHERE ELSE WHERE THIS 4GLTE SPRINT PIECE OF GARBAGE HAS EVER HAD ANYTHING BETTER THAN 3G!! OH, YEAH, I'VE READ COMING TO MARKETS SOON, ON THE WAY, ......

I'M DONE!!! I USED A FRIENDS S3 YESTERDAY EVENING, ON AT&T, WITH THE 4GLTE ACTUALLY WORKING, IT WAS AWESOME, I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE HOW BAD I WAS BEING SCREWED. SHOOT, MY WIFE'S OLD EPIC 4G IS FASTER THAN MY S3, BECAUSE 4G AND 4GLTE PHONES ARE NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE!

WHAT A SHAM, SELL ME SOMETHING I CAN'T EVEN USE AT AN INFLATED PRICE AND JUST MAKE SOME PROMISES AND SAY NO COMMENT TO EVERYTHING ELSE. SOUNDS A LOT LIKE OUR BROKEN COURT SYSTEM.

DONE. DONE. AND MORE DONE. NOTHING BUT SCAMMERS!! YOU USED AND ABUSED ME FOR 15 YEARS, I THINK THAT'S ENOUGH TIME TO ALLOW YOU TO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER, AND IT HAS NEVER, EVER HAPPENED.

DONE. DONE. DONE. AND I HOPE TO GOD, THIS MESSAGE, AT THE VERY LEAST, HELPS ONE PERSON MAKE A BETTER DECISION THAN I 15 YEARS AGO. STAY AWAY FROM SPRINT!! LIARS, CHEATERS, SCAMMERS, AND ANY OTHER WORD THAT WOULD DESCRIBE HOW TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SOMEONE!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Great so GOODBYE.  I guess you will not be here anymore since your leaving.

So long dont let the door hit you.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree I am getting tired of being a long time customer and the only thing we get is higher bills. All perks gone. the buy back is a **** joke with what you get back.  New customers getting better deals and long term are shafted!  Insurance is a joke if your phone does get damaged you pay almost contract price for the phone anyways.

As my contracts expire on my 3 lines I'll probably move to Metro Sprint has not done us long term customers any favors in a long time and just shaft us.. bend over because Sprint is going to SHAFT you!

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat