Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did Lollipop mess up my S4?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why did Lollipop mess up my S4?

Ever since the phone updated to the new 5.0.1, these things started happening:

1.  My phone randomly reboots, and

2.  Certain apps I moved to my SD card update to device storage instead of the sd card.

Please help.

BTW, the "software version" is L720VPUGOD2

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
GrandMaster

Re: Why did Lollipop mess up my S4?

do a cache wipe on your phone..this is NOT a factory reset so you shouldnt lose any personal info in there. i cant remember the steps for the Samsung line so you'll have to google it unfortunately. its not an app cache wipe.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hi fireguy_6364,

How do I go about doing the cache wipe that you mentioned above?

GrandMaster

i believe you turn off the phone..then hold volume up,down,home and then the power button and it should boot you into a different screen upon start up..to be honest the last time i had to do that on a Sammy device i had to look it up through google. did it about a month ago on my GF's S4 through verizon..forgot the steps for it though.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I know it's painful but I did a factory data reset and it's like I have a new phone. So much faster and everything is working better. I wish I did that a long time ago.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat