cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Sprint taking so Long with the Galaxy S4????

Journeyman

Why is Sprint taking so Long with the Galaxy S4????

So I would love to know why Sprint is taking so long with any information about the launch of this phone. The fact that TMOBILE of all carriers can give a preorder option and possible launch date is crazy to me! Sprint has been lowered in standards for me. Every company but Sprint has an answer. What's the big deal??? Why can't we as customers get simple answers, especially when answers exist for other companies. Sprint is really making me reconsider not only because they do not provide information but timely updates and good customer service seems nonexistent. Sprint you have to do better. I can upgrade soon, I may close my account and go with AT&T. I'm starting to get over sprint.

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Why is Sprint taking so Long with the Galaxy S4????

STAR6132002

Thanks for your post. I definitely do not want to see you leave us; Sprint is still in the talks of a set launch date at the moment. You can pre-register at www.sprint.com/galaxys4. I hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't see a big advantage for the S4 at the moment... You also realize the TM uses the Intl Standard where as VZ and Sprint are CDMA..  There's also the tuning for the LTE on each network.....  Don't see what the mad rush is for this phone..  It looks nice but I'm not about to spend anything extra for it right now.. The S3 does everything I want right now...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well that's great for you. But I am long over due for an upgrade. If the SG3 works for you, then awesome, but for me and many other people this is what we want and Im sure many people will buy this phone out right.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The phone is released by Samsung for the largest market possible.  CDMA is not the platform that alots Samsung that ability.  The phone is ready to be released in its GSM platform but the CDMA platform will take a little less than a month to be delivered.  If you are overdue for an upgrade one more month is not going to kill you.  I want the phone too but I want it to work and be tuned correctly....

Highlighted
Journeyman

csag wrote:

The phone is released by Samsung for the largest market possible.  CDMA is not the platform that alots Samsung that ability.  The phone is ready to be released in its GSM platform but the CDMA platform will take a little less than a month to be delivered.  If you are overdue for an upgrade one more month is not going to kill you.  I want the phone too but I want it to work and be tuned correctly....

State your source.  The i9505 (LTE variant) supports CDMA and is ready to go.

Highlighted
Master

Just announced this morning,

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2561&view_id=7008

Pre-orders start on the 18th, phone becomes available on the 27th. Starting price is $249.99 with contract plus extra $100 if you are a NEW customer porting your phone number to Sprint.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

STAR6132002

It's been over 2 months since the release of the Galaxy S4, just wanted to check to see how it's going? Were your initial questions on your original post answered? If it was, please state your question as answered. If not, please let me know what other questions you have.

Thank you for reaching out to us. Have a great day.

Jessica  Social Media Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat