Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling On S4

Highlighted
Journeyman

WiFi Calling On S4

Is the Wifi calling feature available to the Galaxy S4? If so, how do you install and enable this feature on the phone?

Thanks.

90 REPLIES 90
Highlighted
Master

Re: WiFi Calling On S4

kingbird50, WiFi calling is available only to the Galaxy S4 mini version of the phone. If you have the mini, you should have received a software update sometime after 2/21/14. You can enable it by going to Settings, select WiFi Calling and slide it to On. You'll be asked to read and agree to the rules and guidelines on a DSS/DAA Authorization and Configuration page. Select E Signature to accept. After that, you can select your WiFi Network, you may have to add Voice of WiFi to that network. You'll then select WiFi Calling and "Find me" on the Address page (which helps the E911 system locate you, in case of emergency). If the system can't find you, you might have to input it by hand. If you're not able to add it, the area you're in isn't yet configured for WiFi calling. I know that's a lot of information to digest (and might be too much, if you don't have the mini anyway), but let us know if you have any questions. - *Christy - Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

The note 3 just got it-I'm on the s4 also-please Sprint hurry up-we all know ur voice coverage is not up to par with the competition indoors-can't be that hard to get it out quickly and make customers happy to return their airave's-thanks

Highlighted
Master

shamrock505- Thanks for the post. Sprint is currently upgrading</b>}: rate higher; raise in value or esteem<br/><i>replaces</i><br/> {<b><s style='color:Red;'>upgranding</s></b>}: wrong word">upgrading all its towers. Sprint is adding more capacity as well as increasing the signal strength</b>}: the property of being physically or mentally strong<br/><i>replaces</i><br/> {<b><s style='color:Red;'>strenth</s></b>}: wrong word">strength. In due time every Sprint customer will get outstanding service</b>}: work done by one person or group that benefits another<br/><i>replaces</i><br/> {<b><s style='color:Red;'>servie</s></b>}: wrong word">service. We're here to help. -Ramiro
Highlighted
Journeyman

When will the galaxy s4 get the new wifi calling update??

Highlighted
Master

Shannajune2010, You should be getting the update pretty soon. Also, try checking for the update manually. To do so you will turn on your wi-fi or mobile data connection. Once connected head over to settings. It can be found among your apps. Next push the more tab in the upper right corner of the screen. At the bottom of the next window hit the About device button. Here you will find the software update tab. Press the update update button. Brittany Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you know when the phone will be getting the update? There should be a release date right?

Highlighted
Master

SprintCare Brittany, I'm kind of confused, Settings - More - About Device, there is no Software update button in there, but under Settings - More - System Update, there is the Samsung Software update button, but I thought the WiFi calling update was a Sprint release and not a Samsung .

Could you please clarify that?

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Master

shannajune2010 If you have the S4 mini, you should have already gotten the update as it was released 2/21/14 (software version L520VPUANA7).  Other models of the S4 are not WiFi calling enabled.  We don't have any information about plans to enable it on other models of the S4 at this time, sorry.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think I am confused. I have the Samsung galaxy s4 with spark. I see in other forums that the wifi calling should be available to me. There is so much mixed information and calling in is worse.

Highlighted
Master

hmmm, Christy, with what I have read, Sprint had said that all S4 models (mini, spark and original) will get the update. I'm not saying you are not right, but... can you find out what will really happen?

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

It would be nice just to get a date. . But guess that's to hard. 😞 My fiance got the update on the note 3. We have no service at all at our house so it would be great to know when I will get it.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat