cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint get the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active?

39 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Will Sprint get the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active?

For those of us who are ACTIVE this phone will not die do to perspiration. Yes, women sweat too! Not everyone is stupid of pathetic because they see the world differently than you.

Journeyman

Forget it.  I'm getting the Note 3.  Wait, Sprint hasn't even announced the release date on that either.  Sad face.

Journeyman

Unfortunately probably for the same reason we did not get the octa core S4, Sprint uses CDMA technology which is mostly only the USA, while the rest of the world uses GSM , so GSM is the majority, so we are in the minority.

I think for samsung to make a priority phone for us (the minority, CDMA) would probably cost more or be less cost effective than at&t (GSM the majority)

Even though the active is only AT&T, I'm sure that some of the design will carry to new GSM phones or may be available for other GSM carries before samsung makes an active with CDMA.

Just as we probably won't get the S4 mini or some of the other s4 variants.

I personally wouldn't go with AT&T, they pulled this same crap with the iphone back in the day. Their network couldn't support the huge increase in smartphones. Sprint is not so good right now, but they are upgrading all the towers while they upgrade the 4g, so pretty soon we should have better everything and unlimited.

Alternatively you could send your phone to "Liquipel" and they make it water proof. Also rustoleum sells a product called "Never Wet", people have had luck taking their phones apart and spraying this inside the internals and making them water proof.

Journeyman

A bit harsh, but you have a point. I've heard a lot of rumors of this phone breaking during proper use under water, and then there are no warranties that cover the water damage. It's not worth it. The regular S4 is great enough, just don't dunk it in water like any other phone, or get a case that will protect it.

Journeyman

everyone clamoring over the s4 active is stupid. all this phone is is the s4 and will be treated as such by samung when one of you go jumping into the pool with your phone in your pocket. check samsungs website on how water damage and damage from dirt,debris,or any other will not be covered under the devices manuf warranty. really sprint customers stop being stupid and do some research for once in your pathetic lives.

Journeyman

Any chance Sprint held off on the S4 Active because of a early release on the S5? Different websites say Samsung may push up the release to compete with the Iphone 5S and 6.Hope that's the case.

Journeyman

I now see that Verizion and ATT are offering the S4 Active for the same price as Sprint is offering the regular S4. And still no word from Sprint on it they'll ever have it. My contract is up in a few weeks. This might be the final deal breaker.

Journeyman

Phone 101: The samsung galaxy does not want to take a dive in your pool regardless of waterproofing. Accidents happen but oh well. That's why you pay for insurance monthly.

Take the phone apart, stick in in a bag of rice or oatmeal overnight, it will absorb the moisture. BTW  I'm gonna avoid letting my $600 phone go swimming or sit in a dust storm.

Sprint picks up the best leading phones besides Verizon's Motorola Droid system and the Iphoneys.  Go pay the limited data and extra fees other companies have.

Journeyman

It would be nice to have but you said perfect words for people.

Journeyman

Well it can't be much of a contract then between Samsung & AT&T  if Verizon CUSTOMERS are expecting it's arrival!!