cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 & S4 Triband

0 Comments

Community Members,

We understand the huge amount of an anticipation that’s built up around the Lollipop update for the Samsung S4 and Samsung S4 with Spark.  As this rollout is proceeding slowly and with great caution, we know that’s adding to the frustration.  We also appreciate the thoughtfulness of those members who’ve attempted to assist peers by posting links and/or instructions to 3rd party  websites housing downloadable copies of the update.   Sprint does not own and therefore cannot verify the validity of content posted on a 3rd party website(one that is not Sprint or Samsung owned).  In an effort to protect our Sprint customers and their devices, we have removed all current discussions of this type and respectfully ask our members to refrain from posting such material going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

SeaWolf

Community Administrator

0 Comments

If you like, then you better put your name on it

Sorry Beyonce.

Let's say that one time, at band camp. Oops, sorry about that as well. What happens if you leave your phone somewhere? Let's say one day you leave your phone somewhere and some good and decent person finds it (yes, those folks still exists) and wants to return it to you. Take the guesswork out of having them try to figure out who the phone belongs to by doing this simple little trick. By the way, they won't be able to get to anything on your phone because the screen lock will be turned on, right?! Right!

The GS4 will let you edit that personal message that's on your lock screen. If someone picks up your phone, they can just call you from their phone (or send an email, or whatever). They won't have access to anything else on your phone. To modify or add a message, simply:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Tap "My Device"
  3. Tap "Lock Screen"
  4. Tap "Lock Screen Widgets"
  5. Tap "Edit Personal Message"
  6. Write what you want to show up...like your phone number or email address.
  7. Tap Save.

Simple!  Learn more about device education on the Samsung GS4.

1 Comment

If you’ve owned a GSIII or GNII then you are familiar with the Group Play application.  The biggest upgrade is the ability to now play music through Group play.  I shoulScreenshot_2013-07-17-09-52-52.pngd also point out that this new featuScreenshot_2013-07-17-09-52-20.pngre is only on the S4. Also group play on the S4 doesn’t allow you to share or connect with other model Galaxy devices, I know what a bummer.

I was lucky enough to demo another S4 to put these sharing features to the test…

When you open Group play you have the option to create a group or join a group. When you select create you are prompted to set a password. If you are joining a group and the creator has set a password you will need to select join and enter the password.

The first thing I tried was the share music option…what was all the hype about? Was it really that cool…uhmm yes it is pretty cool!

Samsung really made it easy to share images, music or documents.

[inappropriate link removed]

A few things I learned about Group Play

• The Application is controlled by the “master device” or the device that created the group. This device can skip, rewind pause or stop tracks. It also controls the volume on all devices, or individual devices. It can set up the speakers, left or right, based on where the devices are located. It will also control which image or document is being displayed when in images or document share.
  • When you share images you can draw on them as well, and so can other group members, colors populating in differently for each user.
  • Select and share multiple images or music tracks.
  • You can’t use Group play and the internet at the same time, beacause group play requires the hotspot feature to be enabled.

Screenshot_2013-07-17-09-54-14.pngScreenshot_2013-07-17-09-54-37.pngScreenshot_2013-07-17-09-53-57.png

Side Note: One of the S4’s had no internet connection (nor wifi) and was able to connect to the group and take part in the sharing experience.

Well I hope you dive in and have a blast…literally!

~Your Product Ambassador Team~

-

This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

4 Comments

So I’ve had this device a few weeks and have learned some tricks that have helped me in mastering some of the cool features on this device a little easier… So here it goes…

Arrange your music by moods – I love this now that I have used it bunch!

If you open up the native music app on the device and scroll your top navigation bar to the right you will see Music Squares. This will scan your music and arrange it by moods. Tap on a square that is closest to your current mood and enjoy the tunes.

Delete your cache and you can gain some extra memory

Did you know you can delete your cache if your running low on memory as well as temporary files from apps you’ve downloaded. Just open your applications manager, select an app and delete the stored cache or data. This is handy since you can’t save apps to your memory card!

Click, Drag, and Drop

Android makes it easy to move data from your device to your computer (PC’s and Mac’s). Just plug your USB cable into your computer and a file manager box will open. From there all you have to do is drag and drop. This is the quickest way I have found to store my data on my desktop…well if you aren’t a cloud user (like Ivan V )!

Make sure you have a fresh ringtone!

When your phone rings you can’t have that standard ringtone playing... can you?!? Well if you want that latest track to bump when you receive a call just quickly go to Settings > My Device > Sound > Ringtones> Select Add> then search for your favorite track. I was able to update mine to the Tom Ford track off Jay Z’s new album, I got courtesy of Samsung!!! Thanks again.

Don’t be afraid to search Google for a nice ringtone either!

You can snap photos and even record video with your voice, just like that.

Simply say “capture” or “record” and the phone will do the rest. Great for when you want to take a picture of yourself. You have to have the feature enabled so make sure that the voice feature is on (a microphone icon will appear near the top of your camera’s settings to let you know it’s on).

Easily Block annoying callers

Is there someone you need to restrict from contacting you? Well you can easily go to your phone select the menu button and then call settings. From here you can manage your call rejection list (love the name of the list…haha!). No more annoying callers….Bloop!

Take a front and rear picture at the same time…. YES!

You want to capture your friend’s reaction to the prank you played on them and yours at the same time… no problem. Just enable the dual mode and take a rear and front facing picture at the same time. When you open the camera application you will see the dual shot icon between the front/rear camera switch button and the Settings button. When selected a box appears showing you a camera view of yourself. You can change the size, by pinching and zooming, or move the box anywhere on the screen by dragging it. You can even change it from a picture box to a stamp or heart shape, select the arrow that appears to the left of the screen.

Then there was light…!

Make sure if you are using the smart scroll, smart stay, and smart pause that you are in a well lite area. This dramatically effects how well these features work. Try it and let me know your feedback.

Power Saving Mode

I have heard mixed feelings about battery life on this device. I personally think I have great battery life on my Samsung Galaxy S4. But no worries Samsung has built in a Power Saving Mode, just enable it from settings (Settings > My Device > Power Saving Mode). From there, you can tweak just how much it affects your phone. You can control the CPU, change the power level of the screen, and turn things off like haptic feedback.

Disable Features you’re not using

The S4 comes with a lot of great features, some you may love and other you can live without. So if you aren’t using air gesture or smart scroll turn them off. These features can consume a lot of battery life just leaving them on all the time. This may help you save some more battery. You can quickly disable them directly from your notifications bar the icon located to the right of settings. Then select and de-select items you use or….

To quickly access the tiled list of quick settings, swipe down from the top with two fingers!

Please feel free to add your own in the comment section and I will grow the list…. Thanks in advance!

[inappropriate link removed] – Also check out this blog that has 50 tips on the Galaxy S4…

~Your Product Ambassador Team~

- This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

0 Comments

VersionRelease DateDescription of Enhancement/Fix
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MF97/8/2013

- HD Voice enhancements

- Audio Clipping with headphones at higher levels

- Enable market app installation on sd card

- Wallpaper modifications - removed one and added two new ones

- Corrected issue causing "Unfortunately Messaging has Stopped"

Discuss it here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MDL5/8/2013

- SMS notification improvements

- S-Health enhancements

Discuss it here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Initial Release

Important Notes:

- This update is a two step process, involving a download of the update to your phone, followed by the installation of the update to

your phone. During the installation step, your phone will be unable to make or receive calls.

- Download/installation time over 4G or Wi-Fi will take around 10 minutes. Download time over 3G will take approximately20 minutes. 

- Prior to download/installation, you will be reminded with a message stating "Your device will be out of service while installing

the download”.

- Battery should be charged to approximately 50% before starting the update and should not be removed during the update
- Updates are available OTA (over the air) only and are 'pushed' to devices in stages over a 3 week time period .  Device selection is random.

Update your software:

Software will be automatically downloaded to your phone

1.  A system update screen will prompt the user to 'install now' or 'install later'

If 'install later' is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to install the update

If 'install now' is selected, the phone will power off and back on to complete the software update

OR

Check for updates (only available if 'install later' was selected in step 1 above)

1.  Go to the Home screen

2.  Tap Apps > Settings > About phone > System Update > Update Samsung Software > Check now

3. Your phone will automatically download and install any available updates.  You may need to power your phone off and back

on to complete the software update.

Check the software version on your phone:

1.  Go to the Home screen

2.  Tap Menu > Settings > About phone

3.  The build number and software number show the current version on your phone

Note:  Comments are restricted on this blog.  Please post any comments under the thread for the specific software update.