cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is anyone having battery issues on there galaxy s4?

Highlighted
Journeyman

is anyone having battery issues on there galaxy s4?

after letting my battery get a full charge it drops down about 3% within a few minutes without any use. after a good hour or so its down about 10-15%. I let it charge the full 8 hours when I got it and I turn off all the bull**** they tell you to to save battery life and it still drops down without any use. I have to charge it about twice a day when I am actually using it. maybe I just have a bad battery...any suggestions?

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: is anyone having battery issues on there galaxy s4?

I use my phone like crazy my Evo 3D would need charged at 3pm.

I have charged my galaxy s4 a grand total of 2 times since Sunday at 5pm when I brought it home and it was only at 40% at the store which went quick as I was installing and configuring my phone and pulling all my apps down.

The phones gets me through a whole day of with data, streaming during workouts,  and 1 hours + of talktime.

Maybe you have a bad battery or something cause I don't think its phone or OS itself.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

how is your reception? lack of a good signal will for sure drain your battery pretty quickly..im leaning more towards that being the culprit than anything. not that theyre accurate but how many bars are you showing on your phone average?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I use my GS4 pretty heavily and consistently throughout the day, (including watching about an hour of HBO using 3g), and mine lasted about 15hours from 100% to 1%. I was on wifi for about 3 or so hours of that and the rest was network. I doubt it will last that long after a few months, though. My GS3 started out lasting pretty long and at 10 months old, it was only going about 4-6 hours with heavy use. (I'm good with that though.)

Highlighted
GrandMaster

be thankful..at least the battery can be replaced or bumped to a larger one..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having battery issues, seemingly all of a sudden.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had really bad problems with my S2 battery life. I'd be charging 2-3 times a day. But with my S4, I can go 12-18 hrs without charging. I leave my WiFi and GPS on all the time. I ONLY charge when the battery is at or below 30%. I also find that the S4 charges fully in about 1/4 the time it took my S2 to charge. I just assumed that between the S2 and the S4, they had just made some amazing improvements in how long the battery lasts.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There was a battery replacement program at one point.

It even made it into the Wikipedia article about the phone.

Samsung Galaxy S4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Highlighted
Journeyman

Contact Samsung and they will do a battery swap.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem.  Terrible battery!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do we contact Samsung?  I need a better battery too!

Highlighted
Journeyman

At least your battery will charge!  My S3 decided it didn't want to charge anymore last night.  I've tried different chargers, outlets, cables and nothing works.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat