cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is anyone having battery issues on there galaxy s4?

Highlighted
Master

Re: is anyone having battery issues on there galaxy s4?

Aginger

For Samsung contact information, and for request assistance, I would advise visiting their website.

www.samsung.com

However, before doing so, please tell us how long have you been having battery issues? Also, have you taken your device into Sprint store to be serviced?

Let us know.

Zena
Social Care Team

Highlighted
Master

purplhaz69,

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear you had this issue. Have you contacted or gone to any of our Sprint Service and Repair? They could check to see if your port is working.

Victor
Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi, my S2 is having problems as well. I have replaced the battery three times at a Sprint Store here in Albuquerque in the last year or so. Replacing the battery does not fix the problem. There is something wrong with the phone. I was told by a Sprint Store employee that it was a firmware update that is causing the problem, and it is affecting the Galaxy S2 on all the carriers. I don't know. I thought maybe it was a dirty connection on the phone cable port. Anyway, I have the protection plan and would like to get the phone replaced. What do I need to do to make this happen?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too have had battery issues. I took my phone to a Sprint dealer and they knew exactly what was happening with my phone. They took the battery out and spun it on the counter, indicated that the battery was swollen and needed to be replaced (a new battery will not spin freely like the swollen one). The store told me that they're experiencing this issue with the S4 with several customers. One of the reasons they gave me was the fact that I stream and play applications while the phone is plugged in.  They gave me a new battery (free of charge), use my phone until drained, then re-charge and I haven't had another issue. I am not saying this is what is going on with yours but it very well could be.

Highlighted
Master

Tiranteer1,

Thanks for posting. I'm definitely happy that the store was able to get everything resolved as quickly as possible. We don't have reports of this being a widespread issue, as it could happen with different devices depending on the situation. If we come across any widespread issues, you would see information first on Newsroom.Sprint.com. Thanks again!

Dan
Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Master

holyvortices,

We are going through some older posts and see that you had requested how to go about getting your phone replaced.  We want to thank you for your post and we apologize for the time it took for us to get back to you.  The first thing to do would be to visit a Sprint service and repair center so they may analyze the phone.  You can find the closest location here: www.sprint.com/storelocator.  Let the technicians know the issues you've experienced and they will be able to analyze your device and best facilitate your request.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat