cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Disconnect Weak Wifi" option unavailable?

Highlighted
Journeyman

"Disconnect Weak Wifi" option unavailable?

Has this option been moved/removed as I have a work wireless connection that keep disconnecting with a message about poor internet performance and I'd like to keep that wifi connection even if something is causing it to flag as slow.  Connection is always "good" with link speed 150Mbps.  Personal wifi router connections have been fine - just no options for any control over work routers.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: "Disconnect Weak Wifi" option unavailable?

if you have 2 or more connection in the same range and you want to keep one as automatic connect, just click on the one that you don't want to connect and select "Forget".

Keep in mind, network protocols make 2 devices to drop connection when speed or connection is not good, that has nothing to do with you allowing anything or not, or making the connection to stay on at all times, it's not up to you or me, but the protocols that are applied.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

I think the setting you are looking for is under Settings> Wi-Fi > Advanced > Check for Internet service.

When I have that disabled I don't get disconnected when I have a Wi-Fi connection that is flagged as slow.

Squishier,

Were the suggestions provided by Dj_Damjano and EvanL helpful at all? Please fee free to let me know if you're still in need of assistance.

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat