cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Media server"...30% of the battery

Journeyman

"Media server"...30% of the battery

According to the System Manager -> Battery section of my Galaxy's More menu, the "Media server" is using 30% of my battery.

What exactly is the media server, and can I remove it? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: "Media server"...30% of the battery

Grundberg74,

Thanks for reaching out. Your media server is going to be required, especially if you are streaming videos, listening to music, or playing games. To save battery life, be sure to have all background programs closed. Turn off 4G if not in a 4G capable area. Use wifi if you are home. Hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

Duane

Sprint Social Care

Master

Re: "Media server"...30% of the battery

Actually media server is not needed until you open your specific app that will require that.

Hold your home button and you will have some options coming up, select the pie chart icon, and look under active apps, what apps do you have running?

Also you can go under RAM and clear the RAM (that is not going to help on your battery issue, but helps on performance)

Let us know what apps you have running, I'm sure one of them is a media server, and that will be horrible since it's constantly looking for the connection and it will always keep it on and running.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat