cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unfortunately, email has stopped" when reporting spam

Highlighted
Journeyman

"Unfortunately, email has stopped" when reporting spam

A few days ago my email started crashing whenever I tried to add a sender or domain to spam. I have tried deleting my email accounts and readding them. I have also done a hard reboot. I have not done a factory reset and do not want to do one. Is anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry about the issue you are having. What type of phone do you have? What email service do you use? Please let me know.

Thank you,

Ivan

Highlighted
Journeyman

My apologies, I didn't think I needed to include the phone type since I posted in the Samsung Galaxy S4 forum. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I'm using the email app that was already installed for my aol accounts.

Highlighted
Journeyman

TYGRA95,

I apologize for the delayed reponse, let's see what we can do. We ask for the device type in case we need to reset or update it, because different devices may have a different process. If you're still having that issue now we can try to update the Profile to see if that helps. in settings choose system updates and you'll see the Update Profile option. Also it won't erase or affect your phone like a factory reset.

-John

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine says added when blocking domain or email then screen goes black home screen comes and says email has stopped working

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am getting the same error message on teh same device, using exchange active sync account setting.  is there any fix  for this?

Highlighted
Master

CB1231,

My apologies for the issue, when did you first notice this problem? Have you tried to boot up the phone in Safe mode to see if it maybe an application causing this error?

Eduardo
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

About 2 weeks. How do you start in safe mode

Highlighted
Master

Hey CB1231,

Before we take this step, we should first try clearing the cache and force closing the application:

• Settings
  • More (one of the top options in Settings)
  • Application manager
  • All (scroll right to reach this option)
  • Find & select Email
  • Clear cache, force stop
  • Remove battery from device for about three minutes
  • Reinsert battery and power on
  • Check if the same error is happening

Let us know if these steps help. Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

That didn't help and then i ended up having to reset up my account.

Highlighted
Master

Hey CB1231,

Thanks for the update.

Did everything work out after you had reset your account?

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem. Galaxy S4. Every time I mark items as spam and block the domain I get this same message. What's up with this, Sprint??

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat