Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s4 mini / SPH-L520: swap SIM card?

Highlighted
Journeyman

s4 mini / SPH-L520: swap SIM card?

Hi,

I noticed that the S4 mini has a SIM card that can be swapped.  And I noticed that the Sprint accounts web page lets me find the PIN & PUK code for the s4 mini my daughter has.

But when I look at the specs, it doesn't look like it supports GSM.  It supports the GSM/UMTS frequencies: 800/850/1900 Mhz.  But the Samsung web page for the SPH-L520 shows those frequencies as being dedicated to LTE.  And online chat sessions with Sprint has said essentially the same thing; that the phone isn't a world phone.

In which case, why is the SIM card swappable?  And why is Sprint offering to give me the PIN & PUK code for this phone?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Master

davidjrichard

Thank you for reaching out to us I’ll be happy to help. You are correct the S4 min dose have a SIM card. The purpose of the SIM card is for international us only. Sprint is willing to give you the PIN & PUK code to unlock the device for international us. If you area trying to us it on a GSM network Sprint dose not use GSM SIM card. I do apologize for the incontinence this may have caused. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you

*Randi

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat