Highlighted
Journeyman

sprint zone

Sprint zone is gone from my phone can someone please tell me how to get it back

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Master

Re: sprint zone

saylor76, Sorry that this has occurred. I am here to help. What type of device do you own? *Sheila Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a Samsung galaxy s4. I am having the same problem.I have went to my local Sprint store they did a hard reset that didn't work.I called tech support they had me do another reset that didn't work.I even did the ##72786# that didn't work. This problem needs to get resolved quickly because I used my Sprint zone app. Why offer it and we can't use it.I'm really getting fed up with Sprint and Samsung.

Highlighted
Master

uniquemeek_24 May I ask when did you notice that the Sprint Zone app had dissappeared from your phone? Have you updated to the latest Kit Kat software? Fernendez Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

It's been at least two to three weeks. And I don't know if I have the kit Kat software or not. All my updates are current. Shouldn't my local Sprint store told me if I had it or not?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry to tell you this has been going on for several months now and Sprint really has no clue how to fix it.  I have literally spent hours jumping through the sprint customer service hoops doing all they say only to still have no answers. The last "senior supervisor" finally after over an hour on the phone told me that it was a Samsung problem and not a sprint problem.  REALLY??? then why not send a notice to ALL SPRINT  customer service agents so they know what is going on and stop sending customers all over the place etc...     Do I believe her...NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Master

uniquemeek_24

If you go into your settings, can you see what version of Android you are running? Can you check to make sure your device is enabled to download from unknown sources, and then check the app store for Sprint Zone or Mobile Zone and see if you are able to redownload it? Keep us updated.

Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

This is why this community is of no use to the customer.  SprintCare  personel  who respond do not even know what Sprint Zone is or they would know that it is a preloaded pp  that cant not be "redownloaded"  from the app store. I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR WEEKS and as of yet no one on the phone support, This online support, or in th store has been able to help. And everyone one of them is now blaming it on Samsung.   Really???  I just wish the CEO would sit and read all the posts about this and start responding with a real fix to this problem.  I am not convinced that they are even working on this.  Its been going on for way too long and still there customer care agents don't have a clue?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can't sit back and watch all this cluelessness any more!  I see the MULTIPLE threads describing the same issues - all caused by the WiFi calling update, and I see sprint employees flailing around suggesting useless procedures and asking for cross streets.  None of which acknowledge or solve the root problem - which is that the wi-fi calling update is corrupting people's phones.  The ridiculously clueless responses by the sprint employees here make me cringe.  Because they tell me two very important things.  First, they have no clue what the actual issues are, and secondly, they have no clue how to fix them.  This is not their fault though.  It's sprint's fault for not giving their employees the knowledge/tools to properly assist customers.

This will be probably the eighth time I have posted this, but I just can't stand to see people being given the run around and being made to waste their time on useless steps that won't fix their issues.  There are two ways you can get your phone fixed - and neither of them involve sprint.  First you can go to the Samsung Experience center at Best Buy and have your phone's firmware flashed by them.  Unfortunately the only sure way to fix it is to have them do a full wipe of the phone and load the latest firmware fresh to your phone.  They should be able to save your contacts and other settings when they do this though.  If you're more technically inclined there are a couple of other ways you can do the same thing yourself.  One is to download Kies 3 software from samsung.  This will allow you to do the same thing that the Samsung guys would do, but you can do it yourself.  Under the "Tools" menu  in Kies there is an option called "Firmware Upgrade and Initilalization".  If you do that, it will fix your phone.  Kies also gives you the option to save your contacts and settings so that they can be restored after the update is finished.  The last option is the most difficult and should only be attempted if you are technically inclined and are a fairly geeky.  There is software called Odin, which you can use to flash firmware to your phone.  You can google it and/or go to the forums on xda-developers.com.  There are also many youtube videos that walk you through the process.  The stock firmware to use with Odin can be downloaded from sammobile.com.

Whatever you do, DO NOT go to a sprint store or even ask sprint to help you.  They have no clue and will only waste your time.  Good luck to all of you.  Your phones can be fixed, just don't expect sprint to help you though.

Highlighted
Master

Cooljb

Thank you for your input and we appreciate your feedback. We are very aware of this issue and while we may not have a fix for it yet, that is what we are working towards. We have been gathering information from a lot of customers experiencing this problem and submitting tickets. The more tickets created, the faster we can advise it is a known issue and find a fix. We appreciate you giving customers another way to fix the problem. Tickets we create are given to our advanced network team who are working diligently in finding a way to fix this within our company.

Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd like to believe sprint is aware, and working on a fix, but judging by the suggestions you guys are repeatedly giving to people, it doesn't seem like that's the case.  I've seen countless suggestions by you guys for people to:

Re-download Sprint Zone from the play store.  Useless - Sprint Zone is not in the play store.  It's a pre-installed sprint-specific app.

Do the ##72786# routine - which TEMPORARILY gets their data back, but does NOTHING to address the underlying problem or restore Sprint Zone app and other missing settings.

Ask for cross streets???!!!  How utterly useless this is.  These problems are not being caused by the network, they are being caused by the phone's software being corrupted by the wi-fi calling update.

I know you guys are stuck in the middle of all of this and are at a disadvantage because sprint does not give you the knowledge or tools to properly assist customers.  But it looks to me like sprint is just spinning their wheels and crossing their fingers hoping these issues will just magically disappear, and in the mean time customers are left hanging with phones that don't work.  These issues have been around for well over a month now with no resolution available from sprint to date.  I would think people not being able to use their data on their phones would be a fairly urgent issue that would be addressed fairly quickly.  Over a month with no resolution is not what I would consider quickly addressing an urgent issue.  And how can sprint justify continuing to take people's money and not provide them the service they are paying for???  Would you be OK if say your utility company didn't provide electricity and water to you for over a month and still expect you to pay your bill, and all the while they tell you they are working on it, just be patient???  This is no way to run a company - especially a technology company.  Sprint sells wireless voice and data services.  If their customers aren't able to use those voice and data services for an extended period of time, and sprint doesn't fix it, that's a serious problem.  From the customer's perspective, it appears that sprint has no idea what they are doing.  It's a shame because they do have good products and service.  Now that I fixed my S4 MYSELF, I get great voice AND data service.  But based on all the postings here, a lot of other customers can't say the same thing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cooljb.....Couldn't have said it better myself.  Its also been going on for several months.....that's un called for.  It's crazy.  I have had my phone for about three months and the latest person told me it was the phone and I would have to buy a new phone. REALLY???  And he wasn't kidding.  Its not the phone...its the same thing that everyone else has going on with the S4.  Really do want to get my hands on some Cotporate phone numbers.... I have a thing or two I would like to say to the CEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat