ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voice and data

Journeyman

voice and data

How do I use my voice and data functions at the same time?

13 REPLIES 13
Master

Re: voice and data

kakomo - Hey there. Thanks for reaching out to us. Please provide us the model number of your device. - Erica Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks for the quick reply! The model number is SPH-L720T

Master

kakomo - This device is on our Spark network. With devices on the Spark network your not able to talk and use data simultaneously. However, if you are connected to wifi you should be able to talk and use data at the same time. Our network team is aware of this issue and is working hard to get this issue resolved. Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we're here for you. - Erica Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

What is the spark network? Can I trade my new s4 for one that is not on the spark network? This feature is why I stuck with the galaxy. I just got this phone December 19.

Master

kakomo - Spark is a enhanced LTE network capability that uses three bands of LTE to create a revolutionary tri-band network experience. Yes, you can return the device as long as your within 14 days. For more information please visit bit.ly/1o397Mb . - Erica Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

unfortunately i dont believe you can still pick up a non Spark device. maybe a used one through sprint..possibly..but you'll need to locate one that does NOT contain a T in the model number...the T stands for tri band..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

you can buy them on EBAY , sprint has no more available that are new, I sent my new one in to ASURION for repairs and it never came back , they sent me a broken one that did not charge, then they sent me 2 sprint sparks which did not data and talk as my s4 did, Finally they said they do not have any other s4s in stock that allow data and talk. SO I told them i wanted to leave sprint after 10 years of faithful service, the supervisor said no we do not want to loose you and we have other options.  GO BACK TO THE S3.. OR ,.. note 3.. another lessor device than my S4 non spark, OR they could send me a NOTE EDGE that does not use spark, i was so happy, the newest device did not use spark, i said sure on the EDGE.. it arrived, I turned it on and I saw the spark screen, I Almost cried.. The supervisor did not know that the Edge was a spark. It broke my heart... I gave it to my husband as he does not use the device other than on wifi, I travel and have to be able to talk and data as people need to tell me where they are for deliverys, some times they loose signal and can not call me back, how dumb was that to spend all that money on these phones that only work half way. I LOVE SPRINT.. I HATE THE SPARK SERVICE.. I AM WAITING UNTIL THEY FIX THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL.. I Have my s3 until that time or i loose my patience and leave to another carrier.. 10 years of service to sprint ..

GrandMaster

yah..i was reading through that and when i noticed you mentioned the Edge i was like..uhm..that one is a spark device lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

i am trying to find out when this will be fixed i am so upset right now, i can not buy a new device until i know this issue is addressed, why pay for half of a service.,

Journeyman

supervisor said the edge was non spark and sent it to me, lol

GrandMaster

im drawing a blank and im to lazy to go back and look..was this through Asurian or through Sprint? they might be completely out of non tri band devices and just sent you that instead lol.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat