cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what can I do to get my sprint zone app bacc?

Highlighted
Journeyman

what can I do to get my sprint zone app bacc?

I have been dealing with this issue for a few days now. I recently was prompted by lookout security app to in start an app named heart bleed scanner. I did so, and then my Internet stopped operating. I was without access to the Web for approximately 48 hours. So, I then freaked out and did a system restore and my access was returned for a short time. I made a trip to the sprint store and was assisted in gaining access to the Internet.  That is fine now, but my sprint zone app is missing. It was replaced by an android icon with the words mobile zone underneath it. And does not work.  Tech support attempted many various things for me to regain my app to no avail I am still with out it. I am freaking out because I have done all the updates and such and nothing is happening.  Anyone with a solution please feel free.

83 REPLIES 83
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: what can I do to get my sprint zone app bacc?

See my post about this in this thread:

Re: S4 only connects to Internet when on wifi

Sprint - are you seeing a pattern here???  The wi-fi calling update is corrupting tri-band S4s all over the place!

Highlighted
Master

ketaylor7984,

Sorry to hear that. Please let us know the model of the device you are using.

Pierre, Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Come on "SprintCare" - do you not see a pattern here?  Look at all the top posts on the S4 forum.  They ALL indicate the same problems with the wi-fi calling update.  No data, no sprint zone, etc.  This has nothing to do with the network, so quit asking for cross-streets and checking the network.  The problem is with the wi-fi calling update.  It is breaking people's phones.  Are you guys really that clueless???!!!  Again, look at ALL the top posts in this forum.  They are all reporting the same issues after taking the wi-fi calling update!

Highlighted
Journeyman

My model is the

Samsung galaxy s4

Sphl720tbk

I'm am very bothered by this mainly because I bought two s4 phones and I have already paid up to about 2000 since January on costs of billing and activation. If I known this was going to have been happening. I would have just waited on the so and went to att and shot the money out my behind.

I'm not a genius but it doesn't take one to no that you are been slow rolled on service issues and containment. Whose paying whom here. If I have to do your job for you I might as well go to the competition.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Going on two weeks now. I have been doing without my sprint zone app (and it is very stifling). I performed a factory reset after noticing my data didn't work for 48 hours after doing so. So I performed a factory reset. Still nothing. I went to the sprint store allowed them to do the hat tricks and tech support and them the same and still nothing. I was even told by tech support that I would receive a call in four days with a solution. Yea right. I got my data back and guess what I find missing along with my sprint zone app... my music which I was lead to believe was backed up with everything else. I have spent good money for the music just as well as the phone and service. so do I get either one or both back please. I am very frustrated. This my second time as a sprint customer. My first time was for over five years and I took a break from cell phones. After five years without a good phone I come back and see that nothing has really changed. I am getting disappointed by the second. Sprint come on and put a smile on not just my face. We are waiting. Can I get my music back please. I am asking not begging.

Highlighted
Master

ketaylor7984, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues with your device. Allow me to further assist you in this matter. Our technicians are working expeditiously to come up with a fix for the Sprint Zone application. However, I understand that this issue has become quite frustrating to you as well as others. Also, what is the name of the application that you purchased your music from? Let me know, I'm here to help. Brittany Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Here is how you can fix your phone (look at the first post in the thread below):

Re: S4 Triband Data Fix

You're going to have to do it yourself.  Sprint will not/cannot help you.  This will fix your data, sprint zone, and any other issues that you may not even be aware of.  Don't know about your music though.  If you bought it from some online music service like Google Play Music or Amazon MP3 you should be able to restore it from those respective apps.  If it was your own music from say CDs you ripped, you will just have to copy it back to your phone. Other than your music (which I'm not sure where you got it from), your phone will be all good again.

Highlighted
Master

After the update there are a couple of other things that can be attempted that usually fix the issue quickly. The steps below usually work immediately to resolve it:

Change network Setting to CDMA.

Turn Wifi off.

Turn device off and remove battery for 5 minutes.

Power back up.

Check to see if SprintZone is restored and operational.

If not, ensure device is set to CDMA and wifi is off.

Perform both Profile and PRL updates.

Check to see if SprintZone is restored and operational.

If not, ensure device is set to CDMA and wifi is off

Power off and remove battery for 5 minutes.

Power back up.

Dial ##72786#

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought my music out of the sprint music store

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint music store

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue and tried the fix posted by John but no luck. I'm headed to Sprint tomorrow and if they can't fix it, they owe me a new phone!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat