cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GS4 MINI + framily?

Highlighted
Journeyman

GS4 MINI + framily?

I bought a used GS4 mini (Sprint) to be used on the framily plan. The rep behind the counter told me he could not activate my device as it was for the prepaid plans only. What gives? Is this accurate? Any plans to change this? I would like to activate the device on the framily plan.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master

gs4mini - That is correct. Prepaid phones cannot be used on postpaid accounts. Where did you buy the used Samsung Galaxy S4 mini from? Keep me posted. - Latonya
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for your quick response. That's a shame. I bought the phone off-hand.

Can I ask another question?

On postpaid plans, there are 15%-18% taxes applied to the final price. Does the same apply to prepaid plans on Sprint? Or is the 60$ Unlimited Plus plan truly 60$?.

Highlighted
Master

gs4mini - Thanks for your post. Yes there are required taxes and surcharges that would be applied to the bill. If there is anything else, let us know, we are here to help. - AndySprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

If I bought a used S4 mini that was previously used on a post-paid account, would I be able to use it on a post-paid account?  If so, is there a way to tell it's post paid compatible, e.g. by something in the ESN?

We have an S4 mini on one of the lines on my post paid account already.  I just want to add another one.  It's the only good small android phone that Sprint supports.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Master

drjichard, I'll be more than happy to look into your options. Please send me a private message. You can private message me by clicking on my avatar, and clicking the Send a private message link on the right.

- Nic,
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat