cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: IMPORTANT TIP - Maintaining the water tight seal

Sprint Product Ambassador

If you've already unboxed your SGS5Sport, you may have thrown away all of the plastic films and wraps and quick start guides and such, but one that was/is VERY important is the one pictured here on the back of your new phone.  20140812_124514compressed.jpgThe battery does NOT come pre-installed, so you will have to remove the back cover, seat the battery correctly, and then replace the cover.  However simplistic and rudimentary it may seem, you MUST make sure that ALL of the clips on the back cover, INCLUDING THE ONE AT THE TOP WHERE THE OPENING IS TO REMOVE THE COVER, AS WELL AS AROUND THE CAMERA EQUPMENT, are ALL fastened completely to the housing of the phone.  Otherwise your back cover will not be sealed, and you can ruin your phone.  I've already seen mention of a few devices that have "failed" the water test, which usually consists of underwater pix of the kids, or first person POV from the surf board, etc. Consistently what I am reading and hearing is that after the SGS5Sport went in the drink and became unresponsive, that there is water behind the battery cover.  This can only mean that one of the clips was not completely fastened, so the seal on the back was bad.  Those clips that are around the camera and at the top of the cover are probably the most tricky because they don't "look" like they are unclipped.  My personal suggestion is to clip the top clip first, and then work down from the top corners along the side, and along the bottom edge, and finishing up with the clips around the camera at the end.

Be careful, but enjoy the Sportiness!!

S

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.