cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Traveling Internationally with the Galaxy S5 Sport

Wizard

Its summer time and we live it Florida so what better way to end the summer, before school starts, IS.........to take a cruise! Last week my wife and I and a couple of friends took a short trip to the caribbean before my wife had to return to work (she teaches first grade and started this week) and our friends kids headed back to college this week as well. Here's a couple shots from the ship as we were in port and once we got off in Mexico.

Mexican Coast.jpg

Mexican Port1.jpg

While it's great to get away it's even nicer to know that we can still connect with our families back home and stay in touch and one feature that I love is that almost all of the newer devices we have offer International calling capabilities, However there are few things to do prior to taking that international trip. Just visit sprint.com/sww and select the location (rates vary from place to place) and you can either chat or call Sprint WorldWide, the nice thing is you can set it up months in advance and give the date ranges that you'll be gone and you are all set. We just setup for voice service while we were traveling as a data plan could cost a lot more than you may want to pay. One thing we would do is uncheck the Mobile Data option (settings>more networks>mobile networks) to just make sure we didn't end up with a surprise on our bill when you get home and we would also enable airplane mode when when we weren't planning on making any calls.

Mobile data.PNG

One fun thing we like to do while cruising is track the ship using an app called Navionics, in Airplane Mode I just enable GPS and launch the app, granted when you are in your stateroom or not near a window you'll lose GPS but spending time on the upper decks or outside it'll pick right up again

GPS Tracking.png

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”