Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update - G900PVPU1ANK4

Enhancements/Fixes

• Android 4.4.4
  • HD Voice Icon
  • International Wi-Fi Calling Support
  • Google Security Patches

Important Notes

- Software version is G900PVPU1ANK4

- This update will be rolled out in batches.

- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update article in Support for install instruction

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Re: 11/19 - Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update - NK4

Wheres the hd voice? i can't find it.

Journeyman

Let's clap everyone and light some candles. Now we can complain about when we're getting 5.0.. lol. I hate to say it but the reps had no clue the update was today and if they knew they were told not to say. So guys, in January when those blogs are saying that 5.0 is already on the S5, don't bother yelling at the reps because we're not getting answer anyway. I can't see the hd voice button unless it's when you make a call and can activate the feature.

GrandMaster

unless youre connected to a upgraded tower you wont see the HD voice icon.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

HD voice isnt a button or app. your phone is able to use the 800mhz band on the CDMA side..this band is the HD voice..the normal band that you connect to when NOT connected to a upgraded tower is 1900mhz..lower the number the stronger it is and better it pushes into buildings.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

ertym,

Great question. Thank you fireguy_6364 for the great explanation. You can read all of the Frequently Asked Questions and watch a video on HD at this link http://bit.ly/1o23gJO. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Barry
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

WiFi calling icon doesn't go blue in status bar any more and gives message that "outgoing calls may be limited" when in fact they are not limited. This is a new defect in the NK4 software. The areas I've used this in before never give that message before the NK4 update.

Also there's something draining my battery way faster on NK4. True on my wife's S5 also. Both factory reset after the update, started clean.

Camera still opens slowly but somewhat faster. Looking forward to improvement to it on Android 5.0.

Other than that, it's a solid update. Anyone having issues, wipe out your app cache in settings->storage->cache OR the best practice is factory wipe after OS update to get rid of all the ghosts.

Journeyman

Help! My direct connect is not working after this software update.

Master

papi118,

Thank you for reaching out. Please let me know what error message you are getting.

- Jewel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm one of several whose WIFI won't stay off after the reboot. So pissed. Support talked me into doing a factory reset and the problem still persists, AND I have to reinstall everything. I think the problem is Quick Connect - no matter what you do it won't stay off. And once Quick Connect service comes on, it turns on WIFI shortly thereafter.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/464355-why-wont-wifi-stay-off.html

Master

Eraserhead,

Try turning the connections optimizer off. Go to Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Connections Optimizer > uncheck Sprint Connections Optimizer.

- Regina
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Optimizer is off. Everything in Advanced wireless is off. I've went through Samsung phone support and Facebook support. Both of them gave up and told me to factory reset. So I did, and the problem still persists. Now they're recommending I send in my phone for repair. Last time I did that it took more than two weeks.
I think it's pretty obviously a bug in the upgrade. Sigh. I used to love my phone, too. Samusung did this exact same thing with my Nexus S. I loved that phone, too, then they pushed out an update that broke something and it became a constant irritation.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat