cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3g to LTE (Spark) Issues

Highlighted
Master

Re: 3g to LTE (Spark) Issues

AHecht36, Thank you for the update. According to your location, there are no open outages. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying your 4G LTE service. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any additional questions or concerns that you may have in the future.
Brittany Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Wizard

zgizeh wrote:

I guess the new technology is not that great I don't know why sprint is selling this "spark sprint" thing and phones with triband if we cant really use them.  I am having the same problem since I change to Samsung S5. I don't have signal and If I change the network settings to cdm/lte I wont receive any calls nor texts.

The interesting thing here is, Sprint has done this constantly for the past 4 years.  The HTC EVO was one of their first 4G phones, but it used WIMAX which is waning (if not gone) for support. When it first came out, only very limited areas had this service and that was also when Sprint added a $10 Premium Data fee for their 4G phones.  Now we have the 4G LTE, again same issue with only limited markets having this service available to them.  Finally, the Spark network, again limited market available to Sprint customers.  And to include 4G LTE upgrades have not been completed at this point in time.

Common theme, very limited support for any of Sprint's new network setup.

Highlighted
Master

halldl02, We are aware of the connectivity problems with Spark devices and are investigating the issue. Switching your signal to CDMA will stabilize the signal and provide you with a better experience while we work to get a fix in place. As soon as a fix is in place, we will publish it on these forums with all the necessary details. What device are you currently using?
Highlighted
Wizard

SprintCare wrote:

halldl02, We are aware of the connectivity problems with Spark devices and are investigating the issue. Switching your signal to CDMA will stabilize the signal and provide you with a better experience while we work to get a fix in place. As soon as a fix is in place, we will publish it on these forums with all the necessary details. What device are you currently using?

I don't know how many of these forum posts have been read by the "Sprint Social Care Team", but if you've actually been reading them the true answer is there is nothing you can do.  Replacing the phone won't fix the problem, tower upgrades take time, and even in areas that are "upgraded" there are programming issues either with the Spark Network, the Spark Enabled phones, or both.

CDMA is a workaround at best and if that is the "fix" then the premium data charge needs to be gone because customers aren't getting the premium data.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If this is true then why does my S4 work just fine! Why was there a chip change in the S5? I want to go back to a

brand new S4 for my second phone then despite all the supposed great features of the S5.

If you can't get calls as is happening for me here in Maryland, what good are the other features?

I am fortunate to have one of each now to compare the service of the S4 to the S5 but I am totally disgusted

with not being able to get calls! It is a phone isn't it?

I might as well have the little SAMSUNG flip phone!

Would the iPHONEs you now sell work on this new network or are people complaining about those too?

The sad truth is that a lot of people are going to want to return the SAMSUNG S5 all because your network

was not ready for them and you were not upfront about possible issues. I waited still well past the initial

available date to get one thinking there would be no problems. I am still in the 14 day window and if I don't

get a decent deal I think there are serious legal issues here.

Highlighted
Journeyman

BTW I turn off the data connection when I get home and limit myself to WIFI only...i don't care about using data but maybe that is why it drops calls?

Highlighted
Master

fletzie, Thanks for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. We never intend on you having dropped calls or service issues with your device. So that we're able to take a closer look, please provide your two nearest cross streets and zip code. Keep us updated, we're very eager to assist you. - Brittany
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

fletzie

I understand your concern. We are aggressively upgrading the entire network nationwide to Network Vision 4GLTE. The upgrade process does cause service interruptions due to the tower's being upgraded. We are still putting up the Spark service which is affecting the new phones that have Spark capability.

Lindale
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

Perfect example of Sprint putting the cart before the horse.

We are still putting up the Spark service which is affecting the new phones that have Spark capability.
Highlighted
Master

halldl02

Let us know if you have any other question or concerns. Remember, we are here to help.

Leo
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

Sprint Social Care teams can not help with this issue.  See post # 15.

Granted, there might be a few here and there that might get fixed because there area has been upgraded to support Spark, but the reality this is something beyond the first levels or customer support.  It is an enterprise issue that engineers/programmers need to address.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just upgraded our phones. Went from galaxies s3 to s5 and htc one m8. S5 and htc one utilize Sprints spark network, but unfortunately our voice connection got horrible. Only get one bar on the signal where we leave, and some times our families can't get to us at all and go straight to voice mail. This is the issue with Sprint network I'm sure, I did some research and many people are having the same issues when upgraded to newer phones. With s3 had issues with slow data but calls were ok, now its the other way around. I'm at the point of reverting my contract and going to another company. What's going on Sprint?!?!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat