cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.4.4 KitKat for Galaxy S5??

Journeyman

Re: 4.4.4 KitKat for Galaxy S5??

I know they are beta tested by each carrier. That is my point, its the carrier that sets the Final release date. If Samsung says it is out then they pushed it to Sprint and Sprint has not released it which is out of Samsung's control. Luckily my girls phone has not had any problems. I have been to XDA but they are just as confused as the rest of us.

GrandMaster

who does XDA point the fingers at when it comes to the release of OS updates?

personally im thinking there is a issue they are running into..sad part is if they found an issue its on a bare bones stock device..so once it gets kicked out problem free odds are people will STILL run into issues since no carrier or manufacturer can test against the addition of 3rd party apps or combos of 3rd party apps..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

MWA72283, Thank you for the post! We never like to hear that you are unhappy. Please us know what is going and we will be happy to address any issues. *JET
Master

WISHLISH, Thank you for your post. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know. - Vanessa
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Look folks, it comes out when it's ready.  Think logically about it: A test build has to be tested by some sort of Q/A process and then go through a resulting approval process to move to promotion.  Most major organizations then have a cooling off period before anything is allowed to be promoted.

Samsung updated their support page with an impending update of NJ1.  I'm inclined to believe this WILL be the next update.  In the past we used to be able to identify how soon it was coming by if the kernel source dropped.  For two recent versions, including the Note 4, that hasn't happened until AFTER a release.  So with all that in mind, I fall back to my average 30 days after build date and think it will be out in the next 2 weeks or so.

(This is speculation on my part - I have no information and these views do not represent anyone's other than myself.  Thank you)

Master

garwynn

Thanks for posting. If you need any assistance let me know. I'm here to help.

Marcus

Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat