cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT&T S5 got faster camera, improved fingerprint scanner, etc. Now Sprint??

Highlighted
Journeyman

AT&T S5 got faster camera, improved fingerprint scanner, etc. Now Sprint??

I saw that the international S5 got an update a couple days ago with the above improvements as well as generally less lag and better use of the RAM.

re:

Galaxy S5 update brings faster camera and improved fingerprint scanning | SamMobile

I am now wondring if Sprint has any plans to roll out this update. Has anyone seen any news about this?

Thanks.

re:

Galaxy S5 update brings faster camera and improved fingerprint scanning | SamMobile

"There also seem to be general performance improvements and better RAM management post update, though these are usually noticeable immediately after an update before going back to how they were. The update is currently available over Kies and is also rolling out over the air, though as usual, it could take a while before it shows up on your device. If you’re unwilling to wait, you can always download the firmware from our firmware section and update manually.

Firmware Details:

• Model: SM-G900F

• Model name: GALAXY S5

• Version: Android 4.4.2

• Changelist: 1539356

• Product Code: BTU

• PDA: G900FXXU1ANE2

• CSC: G900FOXA1ANE2

• MODEM: G900FXXU1ANE2"

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

Re: AT&T S5 got faster camera, improved fingerprint scanner, etc. Now Sprint??

there are some hints online that you might be able to get it via Kies, if you don't want to install Odin.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, but would that be the correct version for our CDMA Sprint phone? Is the Sprint version (for hardware SM-G900P) even available at all anywhere?

[to be clear, this is a more recent version than the ND2 version which came out in April.]

Moderator? Any clues??

Highlighted
Master

The update from Samsung, deals with core Samsung OS files and not Sprint settings in it. When you root your phone you can still use Sprint with no issues, and get every single update before Sprint releases it, those are not hard core full OS re-install. It is like when you switched from Windows Vista to Windows 7, you could see come changes, and for the most parts you will not notice anything.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Dj, how do you know this for certain? Have you installed it on your Sprint S5?

(I have rooted many phones, and I know that for particular models, some updates work, and some do not. This one is listed as for model: SM-G900F, however ours is model  SM-G900P...)

Need to know for sure, and people over at XDA seem not to know either.

P.S. Kies says that the phone is on the latest firmware already (ND2)

Highlighted
Master

I can not say for sure 100% it will work, there is no such statements with software updates. Apparently T-mobile rolled the update too, so I would think Sprint will roll it soon too.

Journeyman

I just found some info - it has been ported to the Sprint G900P, but things like data and sms/mms do not work...so hold off! It would be nice if someone from Sprint would chime in with some solid info here...

Highlighted
Master

rpphoto,

Unfortunately, we do not have any official dates or info on this update to announce at this time. Hang in there, I'm sure some new info is coming soon.

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat