cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm and Text messages not working

Highlighted
Journeyman

Alarm and Text messages not working

I am having issues where I set the alarm (and I even test it by setting it a minute ahead of the current time and it work) and then overnight something happens and the alarm does not work in the morning. I will then proceed to reset the phone and the alarm clock will work again, however the same issue will happen overnight where in the morning it does not go off.

Additionally, when this happens my text messaging stops working as well. Again, when I reboot the phone everything works ok.

I upgraded from a Galaxy S2 so I am familiar with how the functions work so I am not sure what is happening. I downloaded the software update today, but I read that the alarm fix is only for deleted alarms and makes no mention of text message issues

This is really frustrating!!

Does anyone have any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Alarm and Text messages not working

ffffly,

The text messaging my be a network issue. Do you have an Airave? Let me look at your towers to see if there's any issues.

Can you please give us your main cross streets and zip codes? Let us take a look at your towers to see exactly what's going on with them. We'll do everything we can to get this issue resolved for you. Thanks.

Thank you,
April
Journeyman

Messaging and alarm both work when I reboot the phone. I'm sorry, but I dont know what Airave is. Any ideas on the alarm. I rely on the phone for my alarm so it not working is a major issue for me

My cross street is Bradbury and manning. Zip code is 90064

Journeyman

Have you downloaded the latest software update that came out today?  I think it was supposed to fix this issue.

Journeyman

I did download it today, however it the description said was to fix deleted alarms. My problem is the alarm does not go off. We will see tomorrow morning

Journeyman

Sprint Care. The software update yesterday did not work. My alarm clock and text messages (Ability to send and receive) both deactivated over night. and when I reboot the phone it works fine. I need something done as I cant rely on this phone. Any suggestions?

Master

ffffly, thank you for getting back to us and also trying the new software. I went ahead and took another look at your towers, still not seeing anything that would cause these troubles with the alarm and texting. Have you tried doing a simple profile update? This can be done by following these steps, http://bit.ly/1i8N6qN. If this is not helpful, we may need to try a device reset. I would suggest backing up the device before. If all this fails, we then may need to look into having the phone replaced. Keep me posted so we know which direction to go from here. Thanks!
*Sarah W Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat