cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An application requires an update for Google Play services?

Journeyman

An application requires an update for Google Play services?

Since I upgraded to lollipop, I have been getting this error popping up on my notification bar. I can clear the error off the screen but a minute or two later it returns. If i click on the error, it takes me to the Google play store. My Apps all show that they are up to date.

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: An application requires an update for Google Play services?

RIVERASM83- Thank you for reaching out to us. What exactly is the error message saying and when does it appear? We are looking foward to your response. - ToniAnnSprint Social Care
Journeyman

An application requires an update for Google Play services

Requested by Google Play services

Master

RIVERASM83,
What is the make/model of your device? Depending on the device, you may be able to clear the Google Play services app data and the Play Store's app data, and then reboot the device. - Danielle
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Samsung galaxy s5

Master

RIVERASM83,
For further assistance with clearing the Google Play and the Play Store's app data, please follow this link http://sprint.co/1vDRlky . Once completed, restart your device. Let me know if this helps. - Danielle
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Once of my apps crashed last night while I was using it. It also crashed Google play, I had to log back into my Google account. After I logged back in, the errors stopped. It looks like one of the application was causing the issue.

Journeyman

I had the same problem and fixed it by doing the following:

1. Open application manager
  2. Uninstall updates, clear data and clear cache for Google Play Store and Google Play Services apps
  3. Restart phone. Eventually both apps will get the latest update.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat