cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 5.0 for Galaxy S5 has arrived!!!!

Journeyman

Android 5.0 for Galaxy S5 has arrived!!!!

I received the update last night.

35 REPLIES 35

Re: Android 5.0 for Galaxy S5 has arrived!!!!

Excellent!  We hope you like Android 5.0!  For any other detail on the software update, you can always check out the software update article in Support!

Journeyman

Anyone else experiencing:

1) Google Play Services error.  It attempts to download and then gets stuck at 31% and throws an error.  I've rebooted multiple times and pulled the battery for a couple minutes.  **Update - it finally downloaded and installed correctly.

2) Very Slow charging.  Literally told me 3 hours to full charge and my phone is currently at 70%.  Battery info shows a very slow upward trend as well.

Still messing around a bit with it, but those are two things I immediately noticed.

Journeyman

I am not sure about S5 but nexus 6 did had issues I have to do a factory reset, google market still had issues loading the content but it fixed by itself after few hrs.

Try soft reset first (holding power button until its shuts off and release when it reboots).

Wizard

There's a lot of arguments about this, but I like doing a system wipe after a major software update like Lollipop.

Journeyman

I've regularly done a wipe as well and usually notice improvements once done.  I may try that tonight.  The update showed up on my way out the door to work and I went with it.  Won't be able to back up everything I want to back up with Kies until tonight.  Performance does seem pretty snappy so far.

Master

racingviking,

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered these problems since updating to Lollipop. Were you having any issues with slow charging before the update? Please let us know if you continue to see these problems after you complete the device wipe you mentioned.

Lorrie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I received the update and now I have notification "Preparing SD card. Checking for errors." Also settings option - Mount SD is grayed out.

Journeyman

Was not having any charging problems prior to the upgrade.  Charged very quickly before, now very slow.  It did fully charge, and battery life itself seems fine once off the charger (only been about 45 minutes so far.

Another issue.  Wi-Fi is always on despite being turned off.  At least based on the battery usage screen.  I verified as well "always allow scanning" is shut off.

Journeyman

Mine updated today.  After a few restarts, I have not had any problems.  I also cleared all the app caches manually.

Journeyman

yes, yes, yes, and more more more

won't connect to WIfi, lost 40% while on ULTRA POWER SAVE last night.

Network icon keeps spinning.

I've wiped the individual caches, forgotten my Wifi connection and reconnected several times, wiped my cache partition several times

A fine phone, wrecked by an update, which I thought was going to be the 5.1 update that didn't have all the glitches.

Not sure how mine is the one with all the problems, I did everything correctly, was fully charged, didn't interrupt, I don't have crap apps...wiped my caches...

phone won't connec to Wifi, and THAT is a major issue. charging used to take less than an hour, hours now still waiting for it to get to 100% from the 56% it had dropped to from 96% while on Ultra Power Save for 8 hours. What a mess

Highlighted
Journeyman

yeah, "snappy" doesn't even come CLOSE to how I'd describe this experience. It was SNAPPY at 11:59pm Feb 4.

now, I have a phone that I guess makes and takes calls, but I need it for more than that. No email, no Internet, apps are useless. (and I don't have a lot of apps)

Disgusting.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat