cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 5.0 for Galaxy S5 has arrived!!!!

Journeyman

Re: Android 5.0 for Galaxy S5 has arrived!!!!

Update from me as well after now 24 hours.  Other than the initial two issues I noted, and the wifi always being on according to the battery monitor, I've had no other issues.  For whatever reason, the charging issue appears tied to my charger at work.  It's an old blackberry charger that I have just left at work and used for a couple years once work finally moved into the 21st Century and moved away from Blackberry.  It did NOT charge my old S4 or my S5 on the previous software this slow, but it is what it is.  When I tried this morning and plugged it in to the native charger it appeared to charge as quickly as it had previously (it was a quick test of about 30 mins).  My car charger also appears to work fine.

I also believe battery life may be slightly better.  I got home at about 6:30p last night with 90% left.  Used the phone a few times and left it on wifi over night as I routinely do.  Woke up this morning at 4:30a and was still at 82%.

Only real complaint I have at this point is the fact I no longer have lock screen controls for music apps.  Kind of a pain in the arse to unlock every time I need to pause it.  Really hope this comes back in subsequent updates.

Sorry to hear of others having issues.  So far so good for me.

GrandMaster

is your phone still in safe mode currently? if so have you turned mobile data back on while wifi is active to see if it still works or not? its the early am and i havent scanned down all the convo here so if you already mentioned it my bad lol...anywho if you turn mobile back on and it works but youre still in safe mode then the culprit is more than likely one of the apps you have on your phone causing it to go all weird.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

i just received LP on a different device and i noticed that quite a few things i normally have turned off were switched back. main one i noticed out the gate was the connections optimizer.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I did figure that might happen, but verified they are still unchecked as they were prior.  Maybe I need to turn each on, then back off just to see.

GrandMaster

its possible..im still learning the new changes with LP..not a fan of some of them so far.

Journeyman

I received the update today....was having the google play issues....it would get stuck....after several reboots it seems it has finally updated and a few other apps were getting stuck initially.

I am also having issues with my Wi-Fi staying connected....it won't stay connected on my home network....it keeps switching between mobile and and Wi-Fi.....

Mine was moving a bit slow but after several reboots, it seems to be getting better......

Also, alot of the settings were changed so you will need to look at your settings again.....

Not sure about this update just yet.....

Journeyman

I kept having touchscreen issues & mobile network would just randomly not work after a reboot. Didn't have the wifi issues most people have had. Finally just did a backup & factory reset, then did a fresh install. Everything looks great so far, but the jury is still out on the battery.

Journeyman

I've done this, and a number of other things, including completely turning off mobile networks. Then I get spotty scanning, no network connection notices...lag with typing.

I'm not buying an Airave when I didn't need it two days ago.I have few apps, no junk, no games.I keep a clean phone.

This HAS to be fixed.

Also, how can I block a forum member?

Journeyman

Same experience, here. As a person who doesn't leave the house much, I'm on wifi all the time. Until two days ago. It drops out and spins the 3g.

Serious keyboard lag. I tried every unchecking and wipe and reboot and adjustment under the sun.I've rebooted too many times to count.

I have STRONG wifi signal, but it just won't stay connected. I'm hating my phone, now.

Journeyman

What are you calling "smart network switch"? Connections optimizer?

Journeyman

In your wifi selection go into advanced options. There's a toggle for it there

Master

paterickb,

Yes this is new because DropBox is having a promotion. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know. Tatiana Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat