cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 5.0 for Galaxy S5 has arrived!!!!

GrandMaster

Re: Android 5.0 for Galaxy S5 has arrived!!!!

connections optimizer is turned on or off?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Connections Optimizer is off.

GrandMaster

is wifi calling on? only other thing i can think of that might be trying to force the phone to look for connections..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Lollipop has rendered my S5 virtually useless. TouchWiz is constantly crashing, touchscreen randomly becomes unresponsive, phone freezes...I could go on but you the picture. Tried wiping cache but no improvement. Don't want to, but it looks like installing from scratch is my next option. My advice is to wait to "upgrade" until it's a little more stable.

Journeyman

mine was like this at first, but I've worked with it all day...don't reset completely yet...mine is slightly better

Journeyman

I reset the router, wiped the cache partition several times, turned OFF mobile to force Wi-Fi connection, and booted up in Safe Mode. It seemed to be much better and smoother.

I haven't yet turned mobile networks back on but my Wi Fi is strong again when it wouldn't even connect for 4 seconds all day. My other weird things are better, but syncing mail seems to take longer...I'm afraid to see what charging does...

but after almost 24 hours, it is more stable than it was when I went to bed last night.  Try booting in Safe Mode and uninstalling any old apps, and reinstalling them...

Master

Hello MoPho2011,

We are glad to hear that it is working better for you and please don't hesitate to reach out again. Have a great evening!

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Spoke too soon.

Response is better, but when in turned mobile networks back on, wifi immediately dropped. Became intermittent again. So.I turned OFF mobile networks.

Also, I used to charge in 40 minutes from 20%, lasted with heavy use, all day. Now charging 3 hrs. And I went from 76% to 19% on my backup battery, in 45 minutes.

This needs fixing

Master

MoPho2011 - I completely understand the inconvenience you have faced and certainly will be able to assist you. If you may, please update the device profile. Keep me posted on how that goes for you.
- Charles
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Uncheck smart network switch under wifi and advanced. Almost instantly wifi atarted working again. Sprint may need to send an update for this.

Journeyman

I noticed while doing a factory reset that the dropbox says we get 50GB free for 2 years.  Is this new because I don't remember it happening when I first got my S5?

Journeyman

Wifi calling is off as well.  I will say that it showing on all the time, does not seem to be as big of a battery drain as it was on 4.4.4.  Once I shut of the always allow scanning on the previous version, it made a substantial difference battery wise.  So it isn't a huge deal right now.  I will try a factory reset tonight.  Didn't have time last night to get the backup done.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat