cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 5.0 update

Journeyman

Android 5.0 update

When will the android 5.0 update be available for the s5? I heard that it is supposed to be this month but is this true?

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Android 5.0 update

ddfoster90, There isn't a definite date yet, but to keep an eye on updates and all our roll outs, please visit our Sprint Newsroom at http://sprint.co/1iwLZpn.

- Kimberly
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

So it would be nice to see it sometime this week since verizon beat sprint to it and has started sending out its 5.0 update then

Journeyman

FYI to posters- no one here from Sprint will ever know. They are not in the loop for this.

It takes US cell companies longer to QA these releases than foreign companies. That's just the way it is. i went through this hitting this board every day, hoping for a release when the bugs in Android made Bluetooth audio skippier than a fresh jar of...um...Skippy.

We'll know once it's released, but not any sooner.

This is a good perspective.  We will not know exact dates until the release date is right on top of us.  Once we have confirmation, we will always post information in the appropriate forum.  Customers can also check Support on www.sprint.com as well for detail on their own device info including software update availability.  BTW, refer to the post I just added a few minutes ago.  The Lollipop update for the GS5 is now rolling out to customers in phases.  We don't know when you will receive your update exactly, but know the process has started.  Thanks 

Journeyman

It started yesterday.......i received mine today.  Of course there are issues with it.

Journeyman

Yea I got my update yesterday. The only issue I've noticed with mine is it doesn't always automatically space words when you texting or anything like that and it's checked to do so in the keyboard settings. What issues are you having with yours?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat