cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas on how to fix my Wifi Calling?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Any ideas on how to fix my Wifi Calling?

I have a Sprint SGS5 and have it updated to the latest firmware (NE5), this allowed access to the WiFi calling feature. It was working great until out of nowhere today it just stopped working. I don't know if it's because I updated my PRL/Profile earlier in the day or because I switched my Mobile Network from CDMA/LTE to just CDMA then back again but the WiFi calling feature is not working at my house. Here are some things I have tried:

- Restarted router

- Restarted phone

- Cleared Cache of WiFi Calling app

- Turned off WiFi, restarted phone, then turned back on

- Updated PRL and Profile again

- Tried on CDMA only network

- Tried on LTE/CDMA network

Any idea on what I can do to fix this issue? I have horrible reception at my new apartment and the WiFi calling option has been very very helpful.

The error I'm getting is "Network Connection Error" (my WiFi is working fine, on my phone and laptop) I click "Retry" but it never connects.

And I do have my location set within the WiFi Calling Settings

Thank you to anyone in advance for any tips/tricks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

WiFI Calling is now working on my phone again, thank you very much SprintCare for your help

They had to remove WiFi Calling from my plan then I had to reactivate it and add it back to my plan but it's working fine now

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem. I have 2 wifi networks at my home and was only able to connect to one of them as the other gave the same network connection error but now I can't connect to either.

I double checked my sprint online account and it does show I have "wifi calling" applied to my account. I have tried resetting my wifi connection, restarted phone, updated profile, prl, etc.

Highlighted
Master

FT8299007 We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your phone. Access the dialpad and Dial ##72786#. The device will reboot, reset all the internal setting and then reactivate. Please bear in mind that no personal information will be lost by performing this task. Let us know if the problem persist. - Christopher S.
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

sfergie716,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance. It seems like you have already done most of the phone troubleshooting. At this point we may need to do troubleshooting through the account by removing the feature from your account and adding it back. I'd be happy to start the process for you. Would you please follow this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X, so we can work on this together. - Andrea
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine is down today also.  Looks like wifi calling is having an outage?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yea I've read a few other people are having the exact same issue, it was working fine then it just stops working. Weird.

I did message SprintCare so maybe they know of a workaround? It's just so strange lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

Something else I noticed:

A few days ago when WiFi Calling was working properly I noticed that when I was connected to WiFI and I went to Settings/Mobile Networks/Network Mode/ it would always say "CDMA" (even though I would be on CDMA/LTE) and when I would click on "Network Mode" none of the options were checked (the CDMA, CMDA/LTE, GSM, Automatic modes were all listed but nothing was checked)

Now, when connected to WiFi, the CDMA/LTE option is checked and it does say "CDMA/LTE" in Mobile Networks

IDK if this is helpful but it's something that has changed

Highlighted
Master

Fojee Thanks for letting me know. Which error do you receive when placing a Wi-Fi call? David Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here. In the notification bar I'm getting "network connection error". Been using wifi calling at this location for a few days now it will not connect.

Highlighted
Journeyman

SprinCare,

I've attached a screen shot of the error:

wificallingerrpr.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

SprintCare I have ADB set up, would an ADB log help if I replicate the issue?

Highlighted
Master

Firechicken1970

Have you tried forgetting the wi-fi network and re-registering the wi-fi calling? What type of device do you have? Did you change any network settings? I look forward to your reply.

- Robin W
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat