cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas on how to fix my Wifi Calling?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Any ideas on how to fix my Wifi Calling?

I have a Sprint SGS5 and have it updated to the latest firmware (NE5), this allowed access to the WiFi calling feature. It was working great until out of nowhere today it just stopped working. I don't know if it's because I updated my PRL/Profile earlier in the day or because I switched my Mobile Network from CDMA/LTE to just CDMA then back again but the WiFi calling feature is not working at my house. Here are some things I have tried:

- Restarted router

- Restarted phone

- Cleared Cache of WiFi Calling app

- Turned off WiFi, restarted phone, then turned back on

- Updated PRL and Profile again

- Tried on CDMA only network

- Tried on LTE/CDMA network

Any idea on what I can do to fix this issue? I have horrible reception at my new apartment and the WiFi calling option has been very very helpful.

The error I'm getting is "Network Connection Error" (my WiFi is working fine, on my phone and laptop) I click "Retry" but it never connects.

And I do have my location set within the WiFi Calling Settings

Thank you to anyone in advance for any tips/tricks

60 REPLIES 60
Highlighted
Journeyman

Working now on my sgs5!

Highlighted
Journeyman

WiFI Calling is now working on my phone again, thank you very much SprintCare for your help

They had to remove WiFi Calling from my plan then I had to reactivate it and add it back to my plan but it's working fine now

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Master

Firechicken1970

Fantastic! Did you make any changes, or did it just start working on it's own?

Robin W
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

sfergie716

You're quite welcome. Take care and have a great weekend!

- Robin W
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just started working on its own. Was not working for several hours then it started working.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Wifi calling is back up also.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Master

Firechicken1970

Thanks for the information. I'm really glad that it's working for you now. Have a great weekend!

- Robin W
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

Fojee, Great to hear that. Thank you for choosing Sprint. We appreciate your business. - KhalidSprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok now I am getting something weird. Wi-Fi calling stopped working. I forgot network and tried to turn on Wi-Fi calling then the device self service came up and said it's trying to install Wi-Fi calling but I had been using it already. Anyways the install did not complete and said to call customer care. I have no signal where i am staying so it wool be difficult to call. Please advise

Highlighted
Master

Firechicken1970,

It sounds like a device refresh is going to be needed to reconnect back to the Wifi calling for you. You can contact customer care from a landline at 1-88-211-4727

Alex
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'll give it a shot

Highlighted
Master

Firechicken1970,

Great, please keep us posted after that is done and if needed we will work from there. Hope you have a great day.

Alex
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat