cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas on how to fix my Wifi Calling?

Go to solution
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Any ideas on how to fix my Wifi Calling?

it is however Sprints wifi calling..

forgot to add in the Note4 to the mix.

as you can see its not just coincidence that so many Sammy devices are seeing this issue..safe to say this is something that both Samsung and Sprint will have to work on figuring out..not just Sprint. if it were truly across the board with all devices then yes it would be on Sprints shoulders only..but since its mainly affecting one manufacturer its safe to say they will need to BOTH work on this one.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

again, you are simply justifying why this is likely a Sprint and Sammy issue; Henry, you are NOT explaining WHY you say the two are working together to fix the issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can anyone report back on once they removed and re-added Wi-Fi calling onto their account, if the fix worked permanently or have to redo every so often?

I just fixed my two lines (s5's) this morning and will report back if it fails again down the road.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Its only a temporary fix. We have to have it reset every month or so.

Highlighted
Journeyman

well, mine just fired, and it's been way less than a month.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I meant, my Wi-Fi calling just died. My other S5 has started to show signs of problems. Wi-Fi calling will likely fail on that phone soon, also.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, I did the reset by removing Wi-Fi calling from my acct, then turnung on Wi-Fi calling on my S5. This initiated a series of automated steps including verifying my address/physical location, added Wi-Fi calling back onto my account, restarted the phone, updated the prl and so on, as expected. However, unlike last week when I did this same procedure, Wi-Fi calling now world not successfully connect.

I attempted to redo the steps above by turning on Wi-Fi calling on my S5. However, this time, the automated steps (eg. verifying my address/physical location, added Wi-Fi calling back onto my account, etc) did NOT occur. I went to my acct and verified Wi-Fi calling was not added back on. As expected, with Wi-Fi turned on my S5, it failed to connect.

I tried ##72786#, which reset the phone's configuration and even reactivated the phone. I then attempted to redo the steps above by turning on Wi-Fi calling on my S5 going this would initiate the automated steps (eg. verifying my address/physical location, added Wi-Fi calling back onto my account, etc) but no success and of course Wi-Fi calling is still dead.

So, Sprint support. What to do?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Take it to a Sprint tech center and make them get it to work. Someone indicated that this is a free service so Sprint doesn't have to make it work which is absolute poppycock. It is not an additional charge but it is a part of the regular service and service fee and many folks are very dependent on it.

We have three wifi wireless points in our house. The original Uverse gateway, an old Hawking repeater, and a new Belkin router. We are noticing that the new Belkin is much more adept at holding a Wifi Calling connection than the Hawking unit - both of which are on our main floor. We rarely connect to the Uverse Motorola unit in the basement. There might be some truth that it needs a very good Wifi signal but that is NOT the main issue. Sprint still has some kind of problem with these Samsung phones and needs to fix it in a big hurry where it seems the configuration gets corrupted.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now, if I had hours to spare, I could try a service center. However, most visits to these center over the years proved to be a big waste of gas and time. Unfortunately, I do not have much time to spare. The main reason I am even listing here is I have multiple devices in the home and want to get rid of the airave (incompatible with lte devices) and WI-Fi calling would be a way for us to go.

This issue is easily something Sprint can replicate and fix in their labs, it is beyond me why they haven't informed customers that this Wi-Fi calling has known issues and assign qualified people to resolve it. Oh, maybe that is a key point-does Sprint have qualified technicians too resolve this?

Sprint care, do you have the ability to escalate this? No offense, but this seems to be beyond your capabilities to resolve.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Sprint Tech centers can be big time wasters.  It may be there is no easy fix and the problem is with all of the latest Samsung phones or their network or who knows. We also dumped the Airwave with Wi-Fi Calling and it has been a mistake. The bigger issue though is Sprint's lack of coverage once you leave a big city or interstate so switching carriers may be best in the end. I hate to do it with five phones on our account but the termination fees don't apply when their services aren't reliable. Sprint isn't exactly doing that well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just an update. I just happened to find another post about iPhone having issues with Wi-Fi calling. One solution mentioned is to try ##UPDATE# . I tried this and my Wi-Fi calling connected almost immediately after the PRL check informed me there was no prl update available. I checked my account and see that the WI-Fi calling feature was on my line/account. I am unsure how/when the Wi-Fi feature got re-added back onto my line/acct, but this morning I could not get that back on via turning on WI-Fi calling on my phone (see my post avoid from this morning detailing out the steps I took to try resolving this).

I will report back how things go (how long before my Wi-Fi calling stops working). Btw, my 2nd S5's Wi-Fi calling is still working.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just an update.  WiFI calling did NOT work when I stepped in the door today from work.  Really ?!? (like my daughter would say) - come on, not even 24 hours and it dies ?

I uninstalled WiFi from my line/account and waited 1 hour.

I started up WiFi calling from my phone and it initiated the normal scripts which starts with the address verification.  It then proceeded with the reboots and PRL updates, etc.  WiFi calling now works, again.

I will report back when WiFi fails, again.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat