Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else have issues like me?

Journeyman

Anyone else have issues like me?

I'm on my 4th phone n I continue to have the same issues n a few new ones. like: ppl cant hear me sometimes while I'm on a call even w/my Bluetooth connected, text messages sometimes take a while to go through or not @ all, cant get any kind of a connection while out n about like maps or internet for searching n facebook, I even got a warning from my phone that it was full n that's w/a 64gb sd card n have only had "this" phone since may. Sprint claims its the phone but when I'm @ home I'm lucky if I get one bar of service, they also claimed the tower near my home was just updated. Sometimes I can actually connect w/o wifi but that's not very often. so I ask, does anyone think its the phone or the service??

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Anyone else have issues like me?

do you know anyone else with a Sprint phone that is having the same issues in the same places you are?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a GS5 (since July 2014) and I have never had those issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know anyone else w/my type of phone    or service.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

It sounds like a problem with your local service or coverage or you might also have an issue with your subscription.  Given that its your 4th phone I think we can rule out hardware at this point.  I would call into tech support via the usual Care line and ask for a network ticket to be created.  You may also want to have them look at refreshing the network elements for your sub, changing your MSID or possibly even rebuilding the entire subscription in the billing system.  I doubt this is a device level problem but you need support to take a closer look.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank u for ur reply. I have delt w/tech support n all they've ever done is the same troubleshooting. I will try calling again n bring up what u wrote n see if that does anything. Im so hating this phone that I wanted so bad n really don't want yet another, especially when they've had so many of the same issues. Thank u again!

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Glad to help, please let me know how it goes.  I want to be sure you are up and running again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just saw your post and unfortunately, I had very similar experiences with my S5 also. I returned my first phone because I thought it was defective, to no avail. I had the same problems with my new phone. After spending hours on the phone with tech support, I reached a tech who gave me a factory reset code that required a pass code. I reset my phone twice and reinstalled my apps. I no longer see 3g and I now experience LTE continuously.

Periodically, I experience slow data or app crashes, but after I update the PRL or go through a basic reset, everything works well.

Ask tech support for a factory reset code that completely wipes your phone. You will need to save your contacts, files and data to your SD Card or Google Cloud before activating the reset. If necessary, have tech support to walk you through the process. Hopefully, this works for you as it did for me.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

you can also download smartswitch to back everything up not to mention help with any future updates for any Sammy devices.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately I have done the resets u are talking about, actually numerous times. It would fix the phone    but only temporarily. I've even uninstalled numerous apps bcuz the techs @ my sprint store said that was probably my  issues, which seemed to me that they were blaming me. I had a galaxy S3 that didn't have as many issues n I could install all the apps I wanted! It was also suggested to me to read all the reviews to make sure other ppl didnt have technical issues so I make sure to do that n if that app did, I wouldn't install it.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

if it was a rogue app causing it you could eliminate this by booting the phone into safe mode. this shuts down all 3rd party apps..if the problem persists then its not a 3rd party app. i cant remember the steps do get you into safe mode but they are easily searchable through google.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank u, I will look into that option.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat