cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new S5. Can I put KitKat on it?

Journeyman

Brand new S5. Can I put KitKat on it?

Just bought an S5. It came with lollipop on it. Can't really describe how much I hate it.

Anyway to go to KitKat with it?

If not, when will 5.1 be pushed or how can I get it?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
GrandMaster

5.1 will still be Lollipop.

actually you guys should already have 5.1

if im remembering right the factory reset protection deal came in with 5.1.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find-and-update-the-software-version-on-your-Samsung-Galax...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have software version G900PVPU3BOF6, I think this is a just a fix for the reactivation lock, maybe a couple of other tweaks. The phone Android version is still 5.0. I suppose I can buy the biggest SD  card I can find and add an Anker extension battery and be o.k.. Even then, the white background is killing me, I can't stand it. It is a constant reminder that I dislike this OS. I am hoping 5.1 at least takes a few steps in the right direction.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

I can safely say that no it doesn't lol. That background is there to stay for a while. More than likely until the next big OS update that pops out.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat