Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not coming through on Galaxy S5.

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman JK6
Journeyman

Calls not coming through on Galaxy S5.

Like several others apparently, calls are not coming through on my Galaxy S5. I've updated the PRL, profile and system. I've now upgraded to Lollipop. I changed from LTE/CDMA to just CDMA. Rebooted my phone. Ensured DND was not set in voice mail. Tried receiving calls in different areas (75074, 75042). Still not working. Calls never ring nor vibrate. Started two days ago. I have companies calling me for job interviews so it's critical Sprint gets me a ringing phone.

31 REPLIES 31
Community Manager

Re: Calls not coming through on Galaxy S5.

Moving this to the S5 forum so it gets the right attention.  If you haven't already done so, you might also try dialing ##SCRTN# from your phone's dialer app to reset your network settings.  This often helps resolves issues with not data, text or calls post-update, though I've had to do it more than once in a couple cases. Keep us posted if that doesn't help, though.

SeaWolf

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman JK6
Journeyman

I dialed ##SCRTN#. This did not work. I changed it from LTE/CDMA to just CDMA again and nothing. Extremely frustrated.

Journeyman JK6
Journeyman

Went to a Sprint store. They can't get the phone to work either.

Journeyman JK6
Journeyman

Is anyone going to help me?

GrandMaster

when you did the ##SCRTN# did everything go through correctly or did you get any errors? or did it just sit there doing nothing?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman JK6
Journeyman

I can't remember that actual verbiage but a notice popped up that it was clearing the network parameters and then the phone restarted. It sets the phone back to LTE/CDMA but I have no bars. I manually switch it to CDMA and I have full bars. Wireless always shows connected. Yet I can't get incoming calls. All this started on Mon/Tues. of this week.

GrandMaster

if it worked just fine before then im going out on a limb and saying something is happening to your closest tower. if you leave by more than say 5 miles does it start working just fine again?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman JK6
Journeyman

I can't get incoming calls when I'm work which is 75074 (Shiloh @ Plano Pkwy). I live 7 miles away and don't get incoming calls there either (75042). The sprint outage map at downdetector.com shows problems in the general Dallas area.

I've always been able to get calls on my phone. Out of the blue it just stopped working this week. While I believe it to be a service issue why can I get texts, make outbound but not get incoming calls?

GrandMaster

it could always be how the phone switches up..in coming calls get borked up but outgoing are working fine. texts use small voice packets to get sent so usually you can have a hair of reception and they'll still send..calls on the other hand not so much. by chance do you have wifi at work that you can use? if so for the time being until the issue is figured out the S5 has wifi calling. ditto with at your home..

another side question though..aside from your work and home areas does the phone work fine with both incoming and outgoing calls?

GrandMaster

also keep in mind that downdetector will show you outages and tower issues but if im remembering right it wont show anything for a tower being upgraded..so if a tower is down and being upgraded the other towers are having to take its weight and so on..the domino affect. a tower 20 miles away with a issue can at some point have an affect on your closest tower..maybe not quite as extreme but you get where im going with it.

Journeyman JK6
Journeyman

Thanks for the explanation.  I'll be in a different location this weekend so I definitely try it.

I've tried wireless calling it doesn't work. It sets up just fine when I enable it but I don't get calls. And I am connected to a wireless network at work and home.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat