cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use internet on Galaxy S5

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't use internet on Galaxy S5

A lot of problems on S5 activation today! Cannot get on internet unless I'm using wifi.

This webpage is not available

Internet cannot reach the website. This is typically caused by network issues, but can also be the result of a misconfigured firewall or proxy server.

That's the error code I got when tried to go on Google. Please help.

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Master

Re: Can't use internet on Galaxy S5

RyanK75, Thanks for reaching out to us in this matter. I am sorry that you're having data issues as well. I would like to provide you with the steps on updating the PRL and the data profile on your device. Here are the steps: Settings>More Tab> System Updates>1st: Update PRL>2nd: Update Profile. Also, please provide me with your two nearest cross streets and zip code. This way I could verify if the tower covering your location is having data impairments. Let me know if this helps. Brittany Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

My husband is having internet connectivity issues with his Samsung Galaxy S5 as well.  He has a strong connection to wi-fi but when he tries to access the internet he gets the message "This webpage is not available".  Please help!

Highlighted
Master

ASHLEYSMOMVIC1,

Thank you for informing us of the issue you and your husband are having. We will be more than grateful to get this issue resolved for you. Please inform us whether or not the error messages you are getting are only when connected to wifi or if its occurring in multiple area. If the issue is occurring in multiple areas, are the error messages the same? Let us know. We want to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Sprint Social Care,
JaSherai
Highlighted
Journeyman

This is only happening at his work.  He is connected to their wifi but can't access the internet.  Another Sprint user is connected to the same wifi and isn't having any issues.

Highlighted
Master

make sure that your husbands WiFi does not require a signup page to use it, many places nowadays will do that. i'm sure there is some sort of protection for the network at his work.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

it shows he is connected to wifi.

Highlighted
Journeyman

it shows he is connected to wifi, it's not a secure wifi connection.  Other workers are connected to the same wifi and their internet is working.  Even if he turns off his wifi at work he still can't connect to the internet.

Highlighted
Master

Correct, in my work, we do have an open connection that as soon as I get here, my phone will connect, but it will not get an active session unless I go under the browser and type an address, only then, I will be redirected to this signin page, and after I enter my email address and agree with user's rule, I would get an active session (I can use the WiFi).

A lot of hotels, coffee shops and other businesses are doing that so they can verify who you are and register your Mac address, just in case you do something fishy in their network.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

he has tried to go to google.com and that is when he gets the message that the page is unable to be displayed.  He has tried to go to other websites and still gets the same thing.

Highlighted
Master

Ok have him go to dial pad and enter *#0011# in that menu, have him click the settings key (next to the home button) and select WiFi. Take a screenshot of what shows in there and post it in here.

Highlighted
Journeyman

He is no longer at work where the problem is happening.  Do we need to wait until he is there again?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat