cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use internet on Galaxy S5

Highlighted
Master

Re: Can't use internet on Galaxy S5

correct, that will show info from the connection he has at work. I'm assuming that he has no issues connecting to WiFi on other locations? Also, has he ever talked to the network techs at his work? Many secure locations filter the devices that can connect through Mac address that employees have to give them, so they create a SDL (secure device list) in the firewall.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

This is NOT his screen shot, this is mine - just want to confirm this is the information you are looking forWifi.jpg

Highlighted
Master

ASHLEYSMOMVIC1,

Yes, if his issue is only occurring near or at his job location, troubleshooting his device will be best within that area. When your husband is at work, have him turn the wifi off and let us know what data connection signal he is getting (3G or 4G). Please inform me of the two closes cross streets and zip code near your husband's job. I would like to notify our network team of the data issues.

Sprint Social Care,
JaSherai
Highlighted
Journeyman

The cross roads are 142nd St and Industrial Road, Omaha 68154  We will get a screen shot and send it

Highlighted
Master

correct that info

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

We are able to connect to the internet via wifi on other devices such as an ipad and other phones.  But my husband's phone shows it is connected to the wifi but he can't access the internet.

Highlighted
Master

help me out here, Is the issue just at his work or on all WiFi connections (at home and other places)?

Highlighted
Master

ASHLEYSMOMVIC1,
Sorry to here that. Typically that indicates an issue with the software. On his phone dial ##72786#. Allow the device to restart a few times and collect the needed updates. Once that is complete, try to connect to WiFi again. If it fails, he may have to perform a factory reset on his device. Let us know if you need assistance with that.
Yannick Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having problems using the Internet while on the phone.

Highlighted
Master

london0424, Thanks for posting. Did try to place the call while you were connected to your Wi-Fi? That's the only way you can use Simultaneous Voice and Data over the Wi-Fi on the S5.

Kimberly
Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

OK now I am confused. I purchased my S5 last July 2014 and was able to use Data and Voice at the same time for the last 14 mos until I did an update a couple days ago Sept 2015. Now i'm unable what is the problem? I have used both at the same time with no issues on the regular for 14 mos. I don't understand its very annoying, because I did use both at the same time everyday. There's something fishy going on especially with me reading now that it should have never worked. Very Shady Very Shady Sprint.

Highlighted
Master

hmmmm not sure how you did but S5 was never able to use voice and data simultaneously, unless under WiFi.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat