cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check ESN

Go to solution
Journeyman

Check ESN

I recently purchased a galaxy s5 off ebay for my boyfriend. It was listed has having a clean ESN, but he's having trouble activating it onto his Sprint account. Tried to activate over the phone & in the store. The seller contacted Sprint and was told that everything was clear and good to go. I'm just trying to find out why it isn't working. Does it need to be unlocked although it was already on the Sprint network? Is it possible the ESN was not clean?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Check ESN

Call customer service and they will check it for you

Or you can go to any Sprint store and they will help you.

If the ESN is not clear and you cannot activate the phone, file a claim on eBay/PayPal to get your money back

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizard

Call customer service and they will check it for you

Or you can go to any Sprint store and they will help you.

If the ESN is not clear and you cannot activate the phone, file a claim on eBay/PayPal to get your money back

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Master

cici_atl - It is possible that the ESN was not clean, even though the seller informed you that it was. When you tried to activate the phone did it give you any error codes? - Katie
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

Th3Phoenix,

Thanks for your chat today. I'm happy to help with whatever you need.

Laurel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Called Sprint customer service today and the rep said the MEID was clear, but that we need to call Boost mobile for activation. Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Master

cici_atl,

You are welcome. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

- Paida
Sprint Social Care.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat