cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed in Sprint with the S5's lack of Download booster

Highlighted
Journeyman

Disappointed in Sprint with the S5's lack of Download booster

I don't know but I feel it's very shady for Sprint to finally announce that they won't be putting a key cutting edge feature in the Galaxy S5 like download booster.  I find it suspicious that it hasn't been mentioned until the afternoon before launch day.  Many days after deposits and pre-orders have been placed.  Not good Sprint, not good.

33 REPLIES 33
Journeyman

Re: Disappointed in Sprint with the S5's lack of Download booster

I completely agree. 

Hopefully, if enough people complain, they'll add it back in.  That was one of the features I was looking forward to the most.

Journeyman

WTH!?!?

How do we file complaints? can we get a petition going? SIGN ME UP! THIS IS TOTAL BULL DOOKEY!

Journeyman

Agree. Sprint should provide some explanation as to why it disabled the feature in its version of the phone, and whether there are any plans to enable it at a future date.

Are there any Sprint team members following this thread who can weigh in, or point us to someone who can?

Journeyman

Seriously disappointed in this move. And to boot, couldn't activate my s5 on sprint.com. something tells me I'm going to get some scripted nonsense about my plan not being compatible. Disappointed.

Wizard

Agreed. bs.

Journeyman

This is BS. Did sprint say they where not going to offer it at all or that there testing it? I might return the phone and go with t-moble.

Wizard

That is exactly what I got done doing today.

Journeyman

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a download booster and why do we need one with this new phone?

thanks!

Journeyman

"Samsung Galaxy S5′s “download booster” functionality that simultaneously pairs available WiFi and LTE service for more rapid downloads."

Cell providers rely on people being on WIFI to help limit the over usage of the networks. The providers hope that you are on WIFI at home and work.  The download booster feature prevents them from relying on such a great cost savings tool for them.  Good to see T-Mobile is at least allowing their customers to keep this feature.

Journeyman

Ok, thank you for your explanation. So if I understand correctly, we constantly have to turn on and off our wifi setting so we aren't using slower wifi connections to download when in range?

Sorry, I'm a tech moron and Sprint store employees keep trying to get me to upgrade to the latest and greatest and then nothing works when I travel.  I feel like they're never honest with me about the drawbacks.

Thanks again!

Journeyman

Just sprint [inappropriate word removed] with the customer again!!

Message was edited by: TheModerator

This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat