cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed in Sprint with the S5's lack of Download booster

Highlighted
Journeyman

Disappointed in Sprint with the S5's lack of Download booster

I don't know but I feel it's very shady for Sprint to finally announce that they won't be putting a key cutting edge feature in the Galaxy S5 like download booster.  I find it suspicious that it hasn't been mentioned until the afternoon before launch day.  Many days after deposits and pre-orders have been placed.  Not good Sprint, not good.

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey there all.  Thinking about switching to Tmo also.  Not only for the Download Booster function but also voice and data simultaneously.  Sprint at this time is way more expensive and for less stuff.  I thought about buying a S5 and adding my 4 lines to a Framily plan... can't unless I bring all 4 lines to Sprint, each with a new contract.  So I am kinda thinking -give Sprint the middle finger and switch.  How could a loyal customer get a worst deal for staying.  That makes no sense.   Especially after waiting for WiMax to get better, then LTE,  Then network upgrades... oh then spark.  Yet none of these have worked out to be totally awesome. And if some Tbag of a rep comes back and asks what I mean or wants to check my towers - I am gonna flip out.  My data works as Sprint desires it to, I am just saying that we are constantly being told that we are going to have the best speeds ever, with the most rewarding services.  Yet Spark can't give me voice and data simultaneously.   LTE was a long dramatic roll out.  WiMax  equaled ugly!   Framily is a joke.  Galaxy S5 is a joke on Sprint compared to T-Mobile,  yet Verizon and ATT do not have download booster either... still at least they can do voice and data at the same time.  I am still thinking about this but I am almost certain I have made up my mind.

Highlighted
Wizard

Just a note about the download booster.  I tried it last night and it is ONLY useful in a very strong 4G LTE area.  It gave me a message saying something like, your 4G LTE signal isn't fast enough continuing to download through Wi-fi only.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You are all over reacting. 

Highlighted
Master

The booster works best if you are in a good LTE area and WiFi, so you can use both of them in the same time, as far as I know, Sprint devices can not use 2 antennas at once, maybe that is why they can't use that feature.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Master

Highlighted
Journeyman

I dont understand why Sprint would disable one of the main feature thie GS5 has im really considering going to T-mobile they have download booster on the GS5

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am thinking of going to T-mobile because they don't have this feature. The rates are great too! I just worry about what I will do if I have problems with my phone. I have excellent repair service compared to what I got with ATT. I switched because I had so many bad HTC phones and they would only exchange it 2 times. Well, if the one you send to replace the bad one doesn't work well either, then how can that count as a real repair? It wasn't and after 12 years with them, I was thrilled with the repair policies with Sprint. But now, I want to save money. I want to be able to use the features on the phone that I pay for. These phones aren't cheap either. So why would they take away features if they want to continue growing their business? Seems crazy! Anyone know about TMobile's repair policies?

Highlighted
Journeyman

All you have to do is root the device and then add the download booster. There are forums all over the internet that describe exactly how to do this. Plus, even though they warn you that rooting the device will void your warranty it is very easy to flash back to stock and make it look like it was never altered.

Highlighted
Journeyman

O that is "ALL" you have to do huh. Why should they have to void the warranty to use one of the most touted features of the phone because sprint chose to neuter another Samsung device.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree. Is there some place we can make a complaint?

Highlighted
Master

necko20- Sorry to hear that. You may take the issue to the next level. Please contact us at sprintcares@sprint.com. Please provide a link to this post, your Sprint phone number and pin number or answer to the security question. We'll take a look at the complaint. We're here to help. - Ramiro Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

By the way AT&T, Verizon and Sprint all disabled Download Booster.  The only available provider with it is T-Mobile and it does work. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat